PDA

View Full Version : PeCo VRS UV

Wesley's Lawn
10-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Hi guys im looking for a vac system for my lazer z, I was wondering about the pros and cons about the two like how much they hold and which one works best. Also whats the price on a peco vac, I know how much for a UV. Thanks.

Turfdude
10-24-2003, 11:09 PM
I have a PECO on my current unit. No matter how well you service it, the pony motor will only last so long! I'm on my 3rd engine in 5 leaf seasons. The UV bags as well as the PECO. THe UV unit sits much lower too. You have choice of dump unit or removable bags (my choice - especially for clippings). If you have a lazer - stick w/ the UV!!!! It will be my next rider purchase!!!

wriken
10-24-2003, 11:12 PM
I have a peco type mounted on my Tank, works good for me.

EJK2352
10-25-2003, 12:27 AM
I have had my UltraVac for 3 years now. The only thing I have had to do to it is replace 4 belts and 2 bearings. I know that I would be on my second or third engine if it was a Peco. I figure that I have saved a couple thousand dollars, not having the the expense of replacement engines and added fuel costs to power the vac engine. I have used Peco vacs in the past and they don't bag grass nearly as well as my UV. I would go with the UV.

wriken
10-25-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by wriken
I have a peco type mounted on my Tank, works good for me.

forgot to mention, mine is a spindel drive.

proenterprises
10-25-2003, 10:25 AM
They sell peco as www.lanscapersupply.com

They looked good and a little cheaper than other vacs. I think Ultravac only works on Exmark, am I correct?

good luck!

turfsolutions
10-25-2003, 12:33 PM
I have have a peco going into my 2nd leaf season. No problems with it yet. I would recommend it. As for blown engines, I would say they do take a beating. However, if you have replaced one every other year I would say they are either being used many hours, or they are not being propery maintained, or both.

dcondon
10-26-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by wriken
forgot to mention, mine is a spindel drive.

WRIKEN,
It will even suck up wet oak leaves!! Lot's of sucking power !!!!