PDA

View Full Version : Dump trucks?

allstar
10-25-2003, 09:11 AM
I've read lots and lots of posts from people trying to figure out the best way to haul and dispose of leaves and other debris.I'm facing the same dilemma.I've read alot of good ideas from people who have boarded up trucks and trailers in an effort to create something that will hold alot of stuff.
How many of you have actually purchased dump trucks?How much does a good used one cost?

Rich's Lawn Care
10-25-2003, 09:21 AM
I looked a geting a 2003 F350 dump and it was $38k with diesel:dizzy: :dizzy: . So i just got a E-Z Dumper $2195. for my 97 F350 and it works good.

lawnmowermannh
10-25-2003, 11:58 PM
I purchased my one ton dump a couple years ago. The best investment I made. fall spring clean ups are so much easier. I got a leaf vac and with the box I made, It holds a lot more leaves.
I would be carefull about buying used. Afer all these trucks are work trucks and it would be a gamble.
Check out new. Interest rates are real low and you may find it cheaper per month buying new than used. I did. Not only that it was a good peice of mind knowing I had a warrenty.

Well I hope my opinion helps you out. Mike

little green guy
10-26-2003, 01:02 AM
I have a rack body dump that I bought used. Definitly one of the best purchases I've made. I don't know how you can get by without one in this buisness. I have 2 pickups and they have thier uses too, but we use the dump everyday.

LB Landscaping
10-26-2003, 01:00 PM
I have to agree, my dump bodty was the best purchase I have made. My wallet hated it at first but my back is thanks me everytime I use it. I can fit much more in the bed so it cuts down on trips to the dump too.

Gravel Rat
10-27-2003, 12:53 AM
I had a F-Superduty dump truck that SOB could carry 8000lbs I had to sell it because the 460 powering the truck burned way too much fuel. I have lost some work I don't deliver small loads of gravel anymore with my current truck which is a F-Superduty diesel with a straight flatdeck. My garbage hauling business has gotten tougher with out a dump truck it takes me a long time unloading the truck.

I have to put another truck with a dumping flatdeck on it they are worth gold.

I don't know if I would go out and buy a brandnew truck as you will be looking at 35,000-40 grand you would have to have alot of work to pay for it.

A older truck makes the same amount of money as a newer truck if the older truck requires some repairs so what.

McCarty"s
11-01-2003, 06:30 PM
The best dump body trucks that I have found in Delaware are the older 68 - 78 farm / grain trucks. I purchased a 1972 C-50 with a four speed transmission, 6 cylinder engine, 10 ton dump bed, 56,000 original miles for $2000. We are currently putting a boxed body for leaf removal wich will cost about $1000, new paint job $600, lettering $120. So for $3720 I will have a great truck for leaf removal. I will post before and after pics when done.

gogetter
11-01-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by allstar
[ How much does a good used one cost? [/B]

Pick up a of Truck Trader magazine. You'll get a great idea of the choices and prices that are out there.

MacLawnCo
11-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by McCarty"s
The best dump body trucks that I have found in Delaware are the older 68 - 78 farm / grain trucks. I purchased a 1972 C-50 with a four speed transmission, 6 cylinder engine, 10 ton dump bed, 56,000 original miles for $2000. We are currently putting a boxed body for leaf removal wich will cost about $1000, new paint job $600, lettering $120. So for $3720 I will have a great truck for leaf removal. I will post before and after pics when done.

A wise man has spoken....please post alot of pictures when you are done. I cant wait to see it.

T. Matthews
11-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Hey if anyone want to se my dump got to Plowsite.com and look under chevy trucks do a search of 1970 chevy and you'll find it.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!