PDA

View Full Version : A ? about recently sodded property...

allstar
10-25-2003, 09:33 AM
I am preparing to bid on the landscaping services for several recently constructed sorority houses.It appears as if the sod was JUST put down,probably no more than a couple of weeks ago.I know from past experience that sod laid in mid-season will take root pretty quickly and can be cut realtively soon after it's put down.
The lawn maintenance here is realtively simple except for the fact,with all of the people coming and going,there's alot of trash,cigarette butts and other debris on the ground.I'll probably have to use my Exmark w/Ultravac every time I cut it.Since the grass is starting to turn brown is it still putting down roots?When will it be firm and stable enough to put a mower on it without chewing it up?It's bermuda grass.It it wasn't for all the trash and leaves I'd just wait until the spring, but it will probably be a huge mess by then.

discrete1
10-25-2003, 10:49 AM
since its bermuda you won't get much more root growth until next spring. do you think you could raise to the mowing deck to the highest level just for clean-ups without tearing up the grass.