PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help: Bagging Clippings With Lazer Z


DieselDeere
10-25-2003, 02:03 PM
I have a Lazer Z and need some help finding a bagging system. I need something that will easily empty into a garbage bag. It also must be able to handle wet grass without clogging. Capacity is not a big concern.

GreenQuest Lawn
10-25-2003, 02:12 PM
This is the one I have, 8hp B&S, you can actually put 55 gal drum liners in the cans and not even need to transfer. Also with the big 8hp unless you are mowing full speed cutting 5" of wet grass it will not plug.

http://www.bluebirdintl.com/products/vacuums_chippers/images/lawn_vacuum_v260_v260z_1.gif

http://www.bluebirdintl.com/index2.html

DieselDeere
10-25-2003, 02:29 PM
How long would it take to remove the system? It didn't say on their site.

Meg-Mo
10-25-2003, 02:37 PM
Put MEG MO blades on and no need to catch. We use to catch everything. The last 5 yr we have not picked up any grass or leaves.

DieselDeere
10-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Meg-Mo
Put MEG MO blades on and no need to catch. We use to catch everything. The last 5 yr we have not picked up any grass or leaves.

I only bag when the grass is very tall, diffrent blades won't replace the need to bag.

crazygator
10-25-2003, 04:22 PM
I personally have the Ultra Vac and love it. It has no pony motor and is off the Lazer in a short amount of time. The only down side is having to dump the catcher bags into trash bags, but its not a huge deal and pretty easy.


Originally posted by Meg-Mo
Put MEG MO blades on and no need to catch. We use to catch everything. The last 5 yr we have not picked up any grass or leaves.

Mr. Mega Mo, please stop being like Flex Deck had been and post on every subject an ad for your company. If the members want your blades I am sure they are smart enough to see your ad and contact you direct!

BufalinoLand
10-25-2003, 06:42 PM
how much does that bluebird bagging system run

TRex
10-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Try this web page for pricing www.power41.com

Doc Pete
10-25-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by DieselDeere
I only bag when the grass is very tall, diffrent blades won't replace the need to bag.

Hmmmmmm, makes you wonder what Meg-mo is smokin' when he ain't mowing......... Yep, blades will never replace bagging, unless John Gamba and ton of others are really, really dumb......
And John ain't dumb......

TreffertLawnWrx
10-25-2003, 08:50 PM
I actually put 40 gal liners inside my ultra-vac bags and just lift them right out!

MikeLT1Z28
10-26-2003, 01:30 AM
how well do those liners work? i've thought about doing that but didn't know if it needed the mesh to actually allow airflow from the deck and blower. any trouble getting them out? tearing or stretching?

mike9497
10-26-2003, 01:48 AM
crazygator

thank you.im getting tired of hearing him on every thread.when he first came on this site i thought about using his blades.well after the same old line on every thread he posts in.i found exmark and gator blades work just fine for my 6 mowers.


i just got my first exmark UV today.its not setup but it looks real easy to take on and off.i also use the cyclone rake on my other lazer and works great.2 pins and its off the mower.u can put 6 bags in it with there bag holder option.it folds right up in minutes.

John Gamba
10-26-2003, 08:05 AM
I have found that the ultravac and meg-mo are a GREAT combo. You will put alot more wet grass in the bagger then with regular blades. All's you have to do is clean the blower out when you dump and that is easy with the ultravac blower.

You may just want to try the meg-mo's with out the bagger you mite be surprised. the only problem ive had in wet is the front tires collecting the grass and leaving it behind like a piece of pizza on the ground when turning.

John
Good morning Pete:waving:

Doc Pete
10-26-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by John Gamba
Good morning Pete:waving:

Yo John,
Howdy.......You realize as professionals that nothing is a substitute for bagging, and blades can only be blades, no matter how good. As before, if you have a good product you don't need to "over sell it"..........
Pete

John Gamba
10-26-2003, 09:19 AM
I see your point. But the new meg-mo has helped in wet conditions like bagging wet items and they are great for picking up PINE NEEDLES. I do think that rapter blades chop it up more but cannot pick up like the meg-mo's.

Hay why don't we make a mower?????

John

Doc Pete
10-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by John Gamba
I see your point. But the new meg-mo has helped in wet conditions like bagging wet items and they are great for picking up PINE NEEDLES. I do think that rapter blades chop it up more but cannot pick up like the meg-mo's.

Hay why don't we make a mower?????

John

Hey, didn't we agree on that:D Exmark deck, Hustler controls, 35hp Diesel water cooled, anybodys spindle driven blower, with added gator blade style mulcher "on the spindle driven blower unit".
WHADAYATHINK??????

Petey

John Gamba
10-26-2003, 01:58 PM
Sounds good very good. Hay I think that new mower the everride has side discharge and i think and from what ive been told its REAR DISCHARGE in bag mode UUUMMMMM.
Look it up it doesn't show a blower off the deck?????
John

DieselDeere
10-26-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by crazygator
I personally have the Ultra Vac and love it. It has no pony motor and is off the Lazer in a short amount of time. The only down side is having to dump the catcher bags into trash bags, but its not a huge deal and pretty easy.

Every time I bag I will be putting the grass in garbage bags, how easy is it to empty the UV bags in to garbage bags?

DieselDeere
10-26-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by TLC9
I actually put 40 gal liners inside my ultra-vac bags and just lift them right out!

I heard that the bags do not fill as much when using liners because of decreased air flow, do you find this to be true?

DieselDeere
10-26-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by John Gamba
I have found that the ultravac and meg-mo are a GREAT combo. You will put alot more wet grass in the bagger then with regular blades. All's you have to do is clean the blower out when you dump and that is easy with the ultravac blower.

You may just want to try the meg-mo's with out the bagger you mite be surprised. the only problem ive had in wet is the front tires collecting the grass and leaving it behind like a piece of pizza on the ground when turning.

John
Good morning Pete:waving:

What do you mean by regular blades? How much will the bags fill when using regular blades? What would cleaning the blower out involve?

GreenQuest Lawn
10-26-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by DieselDeere
How long would it take to remove the system? It didn't say on their site.

With 2 people about 2 min, just three pins and the whole thing slides off

The price is around 1700-1900 I believe.

TLS
10-26-2003, 11:29 PM
UV bags fine into plastic lawn and leaf bags. The vent system is HUGE across the entire rear of the hopper. That is your vent, the bags don't breath that much, and will keep dust down!

Problem is, they fill so high, its tough to get them pulled up and tied.

John Gamba
10-27-2003, 07:29 AM
Diesel
The high lift blades only blow the grass out just so far. The meg-mo blades blow grass out a lot farther helping the blower get the grass up the tube and threw the 90 degree bend. For the blower you take off the tube witch is easy and stick your hand in the blower and pull any grass thats starting to build up. It will save you from shacking the tube out latter.
John

DieselDeere
10-27-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by TLS
UV bags fine into plastic lawn and leaf bags. The vent system is HUGE across the entire rear of the hopper. That is your vent, the bags don't breath that much, and will keep dust down!

Problem is, they fill so high, its tough to get them pulled up and tied.

Sounds like a mess to me TLS, does this happen often?

TLS
10-27-2003, 06:40 PM
Happen often.....NO.

But then again, I only bagged into plastic bags about 3 times. As long as you monitor how full the hopper gets, you'll be fine. Cant imagine any bagger being any different, and there's not many that can perform like the UV.

Problem with ALL baggers is:

Where to go with the debris.

How fast they fill up.

The extra room/weight they add.