PDA

View Full Version : I cried.

locutus
10-25-2003, 05:50 PM
Bought a new Redmax 7001RH yesterday used it for the first time today. I didn't Know whether to s**t or cry. I wound up crying I think. This thing is a hand-held hurricane! There is simply no comparison to be made with one of the smaller backpack blowers that I used to use. I accidently pointed the nozzle downward at full throttle and actually lifted off of the ground. With some practice I was able to fly around at tree-top level like James Bond. Take the last part of this post as you will, It aint to far from the truth.

ElephantNest
10-25-2003, 06:02 PM
LOL!

Love mine, too. Leaves don't stand a chance!

AztlanLC
10-25-2003, 06:11 PM
One more beliver.

TRex
10-25-2003, 06:38 PM
So what kind of price are we talking about and is it the same as a kawa because I do not have a red dealer anywhere around. I have been on the search fora while and have a rough time making a choice.

NC Big Daddy
10-25-2003, 06:50 PM
I had never given much thought to handheld blowers until the Redmax Rep was at the shop a few weeks ago. He let a crew leader take one for the day, and that was all she wrote.
For the next two days there were some funny arguments (in Spanish mind you) on who was going to load the 7000RH. Needless to say I bought 3 and I'm thinking of adding them to all the trucks in the spring. I'm a firm believer in Redmax 2 cycle equipment. Their commitment to quality shows!

locutus
10-25-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by TRex
So what kind of price are we talking about and is it the same as a kawa because I do not have a red dealer anywhere around. I have been on the search fora while and have a rough time making a choice. I paid $479.00 plus tax. I didn't try to talk him down any. I figure these guys need operating capital just like we do. No Kawi can touch a Redmax. Go to their respective websites and view the stats.

TRex
10-25-2003, 07:02 PM
Thanks Locutus. Do you guys know if it is the same as a kawa because my main dealer has kawa and takes pretty good care of me especially for being one of the smaller guys in his area since he is a 30 to 40 min drive. After reading all the post about stihl and echo I will not even consider them as contenders in this fight.

NC Big Daddy
10-25-2003, 07:02 PM
Thought you were talking about the HBZ-2500's my above post should read HBZ-2500 sorry for the error.

AztlanLC
10-25-2003, 07:17 PM
No, Kawa is not even close to redmax, stihl neither, I have yet to compare it to echo tought

locutus
10-25-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by TRex
Thanks Locutus. Do you guys know if it is the same as a kawa because my main dealer has kawa and takes pretty good care of me especially for being one of the smaller guys in his area since he is a 30 to 40 min drive. After reading all the post about stihl and echo I will not even consider them as contenders in this fight. T-REX kawi and Redmax are not in the same universe. Again, visit the respective websites and view the stats for yourself. Dont get me wrong, Kawasaki makes some darn good equipment especially v-twin engines. I just dont think that they produce a blower of equal air volume/velocity.

locutus
10-25-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by AztlanLC
No, Kawa is not even close to redmax, stihl neither, I have yet to compare it to echo tought Aztlan, I just about purchased the Echo 750, from what I have read it gives Redmax a run for its money. Opted for the Redmax because it matches my mower...Exmark. Soy la verga!!!

GeorgiaGrassMan
10-25-2003, 07:36 PM
I bought a piece of Stihl equipment today. What was I thinking? I'm going to write 1000 times: "I will never by anything but Redmax again" to help me remember in the future.

locutus
10-25-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by GeorgiaGrassMan
I bought a piece of Stihl equipment today. What was I thinking? I'm going to write 1000 times: "I will never by anything but Redmax again" to help me remember in the future. I dont blame you, One of my friends, who happens to own a Stihl 420c magnum blower, got it too close to a redmax blower and long story short, it got sucked in the fan side of the Redmax blower and came out the nozzle in little bitty chunks. We were able to disperse the stihl chunks in the yard so that they werent noticable with the Redmax blower.

promower
10-25-2003, 08:35 PM
LOL! nice buy rocketman, I need to check out a redmax Ive never tried one, I've never seen them for sale around here though:mad:

bob
10-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by locutus
I accidently pointed the nozzle downward at full throttle and actually lifted off of the ground.

When I got my Redmax eb6200 my son was about 10 at the time. He told my wife the same thing! That if he pointed the nozzle downward it would lift him off the ground!

lawnagent
10-25-2003, 09:08 PM
Lifted off the ground?! Man I better stay with my Echo. I am scared to fly!:D

ElephantNest
10-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Correct, the redmax and the Kawi are two different animals. But the Shindaiwa is the same as redmax, minus a few options, like the over-sized air filter, air-conditioned back pads, etc. Both are monsters. Now that I think of it, Shin may even have the AC'ed back pads. I went with the Redmax because of the air filter and dealer support, though all of my trimmers are Shindaiwa. ( After many years, never even needed dealer support.)

~Nest

P.S. Try getting in a little inflatable raft, in a pond or something, with the redmax on your back. You'll never paddle again!:p

locutus
10-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Nest, Iknew the shen and the Redmax were essentially the same. They both have the Zenoha engine. One big deciding factor in Redmax was that I can throw a rock from my house to my dealer.

gogetter
10-25-2003, 09:29 PM
TRex, if you don't have a dealer near you, you can usually find them on eBay for the same price locutus stated plus $20 for shipping. Brings you in right under $500.

Just an option.

ElephantNest
10-25-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by locutus
Nest, Iknew the shen and the Redmax were essentially the same. They both have the Zenoha engine. One big deciding factor in Redmax was that I can throw a rock from my house to my dealer.

That must be sweet! Mine's not too far, but how nice that must be to be able to walk on over and mess around anytime you feel like it.

locutus
10-25-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by ElephantNest
That must be sweet! Mine's not too far, but how nice that must be to be able to walk on over and mess around anytime you feel like it. He's also the dealer I bought my Exmark from. I get drop everything service from these guys. I could not be more peased with the service.

Runner
10-25-2003, 11:14 PM
It's great to hear that these things are coming that far to match the power of the older and/or smaller backpacks. Just out of curiosity, when using a handheld, do you have to keep a steady "lift" on it (keeping your thumb side of your arm up) as it wants to blow itself down?

locutus
10-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Runner
It's great to hear that these things are coming that far to match the power of the older and/or smaller backpacks. Just out of curiosity, when using a handheld, do you have to keep a steady "lift" on it (keeping your thumb side of your arm up) as it wants to blow itself down? I quess what you are saying is that the blower has a natural tendencey to want to strighten the tube out with its force. I cant say that I've noticed this, but I will pay more attention next week.

olderthandirt
10-26-2003, 12:48 AM
I gotta stihl blower and I gotta tell you wife hates it, not becouse of lack of power but just the opposite, Wife complaining of the dust build up on ceiling fan in foyer. Now I go to get a ladder and rags to clean it to shut her up and while in the shop I see my blower and start to do a little thinking[very dangerous] So I come in the house through the upstairs door with blower running, point at fan and hit the gas WALLA no more crap on fan just a cloud of dust blowing trough out the house. Works Great for fan cleaning but wife is still p#$% off about it a yr. later!

locutus
10-30-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by ElephantNest
That must be sweet! Mine's not too far, but how nice that must be to be able to walk on over and mess around anytime you feel like it. Ive been trying to get him to sell me a 48" tthp demo that he has and him being so close makes it a lot easier to wear him down.:D