PDA

View Full Version : Gutters

HighGrass
10-26-2003, 11:51 AM
I am always open to new ways to make a buck. The other day a lady asked me if I would clean the gutters of here 1 story home in addition to her fall clean up. I said yes, but because I have never done it before, I quoted her high and told here it might be less.
I figured 40/hr for the gutters in addition to the fall clean-up.
Oh yea, I get to use her ladder.
Does this sound right?

AztlanLC
10-26-2003, 12:17 PM
This topic has been giscused many times do a search and you'll find lot's of information.

Cleanig up gutter could be a nice addition to tour services, but charging $40 per hour is where I don't agree with, I don't know what type of method you use but most places I usually make $200 per hour or more.

Why? because this type of service is a dangerous one, check your insurance and you'll be surprise that your not covered because you're not even suposse to do this to beging with.

mdb landscaping
10-26-2003, 12:22 PM
i clean gutters all the time. its easiest to just use a back pack blower and get up on the roof and blow them out. sometimes this isnt feasible due to steeply inclined roofs, but it sure beats using your hands.

rodfather
10-26-2003, 12:32 PM
Think I will stay on terra firma...safer in my book.

maple city
10-26-2003, 12:56 PM
A one-story gutter job is easy money. I would charge $50-$100 depending on the amount of gutters and the amount of debris in them.

If this is something you will be doing a lot of, you'll need to get your own ladder.

Team Gopher
10-27-2003, 07:49 AM
Highgrass,

Here are two of the larger posts on gutter cleaning.

does anyone clean gutters (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53945)

Gutter Cleaning? (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50853)

chefdrp
10-27-2003, 09:57 AM
i do gutters too. .50 a foot. i dont do it by the hr.

G-father
10-27-2003, 10:01 AM
Just make sure you do it before you clean out the beds/grass around the house. :)

geogunn
10-27-2003, 12:29 PM
don't price gutter cleaning by the hour unless you charge travel time FROM and TO the job as well as all time involved.

in other words, charge by the job. for what you described, $40 would be reasonable for about 15 minutes in my area.

be sure to ask her to call her friends in the area and you can do theirs while you are there.

GEO