chefdrp
10-26-2003, 04:58 PM
after

chefdrp
10-26-2003, 05:00 PM
lakefront side of house

promower
10-26-2003, 05:28 PM
Nice works, looks great. How long did it take?

chefdrp
10-26-2003, 05:33 PM
little over an hour. thanx promower

greasy_gun
10-26-2003, 05:38 PM
great work!!
wow-those stripes holding on this late.....
like to see the stripes when spring arrives and the grass is growing :)

rodfather
10-26-2003, 05:39 PM
As far as I can see, you still have your work cut out for ya...that big maple in the front still has most of its' leaves and the ones in the back too. Good luck...

paponte
10-26-2003, 05:41 PM
Nice, you removing or mulching? :cool:

TotalCareSolutions
10-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Let me guess...Mulching

And i agree w/ Rodfather, you have a ways to go!

Expert Lawns
10-26-2003, 10:04 PM
kudos

qualitylandscaping
10-26-2003, 11:29 PM
I'll jump in on this... Pictures from yesterday.. Before..

ChadsLawn
10-26-2003, 11:30 PM
wheres after???

qualitylandscaping
10-26-2003, 11:31 PM
and after.. mulching for now.. Will bag it in a few weeks when all the leaves are down. 75% of them are still on the trees at that property.

BTW, nice work chiefdrp!:)

ksland
10-26-2003, 11:50 PM
Hete to sound harsh but if you stuck a bill in my door for anything over a mowing for that, I would tell you to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.:(

chefdrp
10-26-2003, 11:53 PM
yes i am mulching and i know there are more leaves to do. Just thaught i would share a few pics.

qualitylandscaping
10-27-2003, 08:13 AM
ksland,

I do weekly mulching until all of the leaves fall and then one or two entire lawn baggings and landscape cleanouts. They are being billed for a cleanup but it is one price for the entire cleanup.. That is just stage 1.

o-so-n-so
10-27-2003, 08:23 AM
I might be crazy.....but I think that both jobs are not that well.

Still have leaves around the trees trunk. Under the small trees and along the edge where the grass meets the asphalt.

If my helper would have left that job as being finished, It would really PMO.

I'm not bashing your work either...I'm just saying that I am more of a detail freak.

TotalCareSolutions
10-27-2003, 09:18 AM
The second one looks terrible for sure. Contact technical support and see if you can have that image removed.....seriously!

TotalCareSolutions
10-27-2003, 09:27 AM
I would like to see a pre Christmas "before/after" cleanup. A true challenge. A true procrastination. Then possibly add some chain link, embankments, ivy and the wet factor.

Up north, you guys will probably be on these type jobs much sooner. Id like to hear how everyone would go about completing those, and I know the price goes up.

These open fields and lake fronts with a couple maple trees slowly shedding....I dunno, is that the worst we got?

HarryD
10-27-2003, 11:04 AM
o-so-n-so
come on I am sure a hour or 2 later and you could not even tell that the leaves were cleaned up because there still falling. I could see you saying that if it was the finial clean up :eek:

gramps
10-27-2003, 11:51 AM
Spray with GASOLINE and lite.:blob2: :blob2: :angry: :angry:

qualitylandscaping
10-27-2003, 12:49 PM
o-so-n-so,

I don't think you read my post.. I am still mulching on that property. Bagging hasn't even started and I haven't touched it with a rake or blower yet. If you look at the trees, there is still 75%-80% leaf coverage.

If your such a smart business person, tell me this. Why would you spend 2 1/2 hours raking/bagging the property so 10 minutes after you leave its covered with leaves again (like HarryD) said. That's a terrible business practice and I can guarentee you won't find anyone willing to pay for you to "vacum" and "bag" their lawn EVERY week from when they start falling until they are all down. That is like 6 weeks.

It took me 20 minutes to mow that property.. As I said, cleanup is still in stage 1. I will drive by today on my way to lunch and take a picture of it (36 hours after those pictures were taken) and I guarentee it will look the same as the before picture I posted.

Get real man:rolleyes:

qualitylandscaping
10-27-2003, 01:16 PM
taken 10 mins ago... point proven..:o

Scraper
10-27-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by qualitylandscaping
o-so-n-so,

Get real man:rolleyes:

Ignore the fools...anyone who will waste their time and the client's money to do a weekly leaf cleanup is inane. Of course there are those few customers who will pay for it, but the majority could care less until all the leaves have dropped.

qualitylandscaping
10-27-2003, 01:37 PM
Exactly Scraper,

I have two customers who pay for a weekly lawn and landscape cleanup during the fall.. The ENTIRE clean leaves out of beds, bag the leaves, etc.. $285/visit x 6 visits is alittle more than what most residential customers pay me for yearly mowing contracts.

If they have money and want their lawn to look perfect, then by all means, do what they ask.. But they average homeowner isn't going to spend over $1500 for a cleanup..

MacLawnCo
10-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by qualitylandscaping
I can guarentee you won't find anyone willing to pay for you to "vacum" and "bag" their lawn EVERY week from when they start falling until they are all down.

I know im not the norm, but i have a pair that have me 'vacum' their lawn every week. I like it and so do they. Be cautious about hasty generalizations.

ksland
10-27-2003, 05:44 PM
Mulching them in stages like that seems silly, Why not wait till they're all down and do a full cleanup while the leaves are still full sized. That approach grinds the leaves and on the final cleanup makes it difficult to get all the leaves up. I guess everyone has there own way of doing it, but why pay guys, use equipment just to have to come back later and do it all over again. What would you chrage for that? A mowing? Is it worth it?

Remsen1
10-27-2003, 05:56 PM
Leaf cleanup season is in high gear in the north. 80% of the leaves are off.

HarryD
10-27-2003, 08:12 PM
We had this argument last year on mulching leaves. All I have to say is if the customer is happy then who cares how its done.

I also mulch them till there all down. I have a mulch kit on my TT 52 exmark and it turns the leaves to dust

ksland
So your telling us you wait 3 to 4 weeks to pick up leaves or all your customers pay for full leaf cleanup every week. Just wondering:confused: My customers like the mulching :) they don't have to spend a arm and a leg and I still get to mow weekly even though the grass has pretty much stopped growing on some of them

qualitylandscaping
10-27-2003, 08:20 PM
ksland,

think about it.. Mulching them in stages saves time in the end. Continiously minimizing the total amount of leaves to be bagged at the end saves a TON of time. All it takes is 3-4 weeks of mulching and then one final bagging that takes about 10 minutes more than an average mowing.. Instead of wating until they all fall, bagging them, and having to empty the bagger every pass. In the end the total amount of time spent on the property is probably very close, but with my method, there is alot more room on the trailer for leaves from another job..

And no I'm not charging a "mowing" rate. I charge one price for the leaf cleanup and include all visits to the property in that price for the entire leaf season (except the ones that pay me to do an entire cleanup weekly). In the end, I'm making about 3-4x the mowing rate for every "leaf" visit to the property (and 85% of those visits are only mulching)..

o-so-n-so
10-27-2003, 10:45 PM
My bad......re-read post....I regret the comments I posted.

Too late to takem back but I can apologize.

Sorry about the disrespectful comments I made to anyone.

Scraper
10-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by o-so-n-so
My bad......re-read post....I regret the comments I posted.

Too late to takem back but I can apologize.

Sorry about the disrespectful comments I made to anyone.

Apology accepted. Good man!

KSLand....not that I am doing it to mulch the leaves in stages, but the grass still needs cut as it is still growing...are you saying I stop cutting once the leaves start falling then deal with a bigger mess? Actually...the lower I get the grass the more the next batch of leaves that falls tends to blow off and into the downwind neighbor's property. ;)

Runner
10-28-2003, 10:23 AM
We are having a TERRible time here with the mulching, as everything is just so wet. It just goes so much easier when they are dry and crisp. One good thing, is that there is no dust, but then again, that is one of the advantages to pre-mulching. This is where you lose alot of your material.

Expert Lawns
10-28-2003, 12:04 PM
Runner - I second that. PITA the last week. Bagging is heavy. Tarps are heavy. Mulching is clumpy. What to do?

wglawncare
01-30-2006, 12:34 AM
For my cliets it is all different. Some want weekly lawn and leaf pickup, some dont want anything done till the end. I try to do what they want and keep them happy, as long as it works within my scedule. I f you can make what they want work, and they dont mind paying for it, then by all means DO IT. 95% of my clients are lakefront owners that have properties worth over $1,000,000. Thanks for the time.