PDA

View Full Version : Bad parents

Victor
10-26-2003, 05:50 PM
I'm just sick, and tired of these horrible parents that don't watch their kids at all! I couldn't tell you how many times I've been doing a yard, and looked up to see a little kid in the next yard who came out to watch me work. Sometimes they're 20 feet away, or less! Then for their safety, you have to shut down the blades, or stop trimming, and try to get them to leave. My parents would have never let me do anything like that. Oh well....I guess we're living in different times.

Vic

paponte
10-26-2003, 06:02 PM
I hear you man. But the minute they get hit with something, it's all on you! :cool:

tiedeman
10-26-2003, 06:06 PM
The way parents act, it is like they basically believe that their kids are not their responsibility.

locutus
10-26-2003, 06:18 PM
Dropped a customer for that exact reason. I never saw those kids outside unless I was mowing their yard, then they were all over the place. It made me really nervous.

Gene $immons
10-26-2003, 06:54 PM
I have a lady who sends her four year old out with our check!

I'll be weed-eating and there's this kid walking up behind me totally oblivious.

First off, I told her to mail in the payment like everyone else.
Second, keep your kid inside!

People - they are the worst.

Wesley's Lawn
10-26-2003, 07:53 PM
MAN you dont know how much i agree with you on the parent thing one time i was in the back trimming and i came back to the front to get my mower and i see this musta been a little 6 year old SITTING ON MY LAZER, Im like holy crap what the Heck are you doing kid. I told him to get off and hes like no my toy. I finally had to chase him off. I should of followed him home and gave the parents peice of my mind.

DieselDeere
10-26-2003, 09:54 PM
I also agree with you, their was one time a kid gave me the months payment while I was trimming. With the trimmer on and ear plugs in I couldn't hear him, so he tapped me on my back. It scared the livin' daylights out of me!

bobbygedd
10-26-2003, 10:03 PM
isnt that sickening? i had this customer(lasted exactly 2 cuts, or two weeks), this guy would come out and sit on the front steps , holding his little 2 yr old daughter in his lap, as soon as he heard me pull up. the first week i said nothing. the second week, i made half a pass, stopped when i got near them, and walked over to them. before i could say anything, he goes, "hi, i was gonna ask you, can you cut it shorter.?" i answer, "no, and u cant be outside while im cutting either, it dangerous." he just looks at me, and goes in the house.

maple city
10-28-2003, 10:41 AM
We are doing a basement remodling job right now in addition to our lawn care. It's killed us this summer to do both. A couple of weeks ago, I get a call from my husband at work. He just talked to the guy who we're doing the remodel for. It seems his 3 year-old daughter flushed a roll of toilet paper down the toilet and kept flushing for an hour flooding the bathroom. The water went through the bathroom floor and ruined a lot of the drywall lin the basement we were just finishing.

It seems the little girl was on her own while her mother slept. The mother works midnights, and the father works 2 full time jobs, so the girl is on her own a lot of the time.

What are these people thinking?!?

turfcare
10-28-2003, 01:17 PM
I have had the same problem on a few of my accounts this year. Once I was mowing a lawn and a mother and small child walked by the residence and stopped and watched me like I was putting on a "ZTR SHOW"! Another account I have is at a Nursing Home. they have two court yards inside where the employees take their breaks and the residence wander around. No one will even lift up their feet much less move. I was useing a trimmer one day close to two employees. I looked at them like would you mind moving, of course they did not. Next thing I know I hear one of them scream OWWW! I looked at her and said sorry. Evidently something hit her in the face. Do you think she moved after that? NOOOO! I will not cut around anyone anymore. I am going to have it put in the contract next year. Either the court yards are cleared, or I will not cut them.

olderthandirt
10-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Heck I've had parents opps sorry idiots come out and hand a 1 yr old up to me on the trac and say can johnny make the bucket go up & down, yep if your under it. Its to bad that some fools can breed!