PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a 36W/B for leaves +

TotalCareSolutions
10-26-2003, 07:34 PM
I have 2 ExMetros (belt) and needed some advice on trading in for (A) hydros & (B) the best double combination for a bagger, and is the HP strain a consideration?

Thanks

promower
10-26-2003, 08:22 PM
Not sure if this will answer your question but I will tell you what I use. For my smaller lawns I have a great dane, 36" hydros. It has 17 hp, I use mulching blades with an accelerator bagger. The bagger is nice beacuse its light weight. This setup works pretty good for me. Never had a problem with hp.

locutus
10-26-2003, 08:40 PM
I have a metro hp for my smaller lawns.When I tried doubles for the first time, I thought they put too much strain on the engine ( 15hp Kawi ). I had high lifts under low lifts. I thought I was going to like this setup pretty well until I hit some high burmuda grass and the blade belt started slipping. I checked the blade tentioner and it was aligned perfectly. I have an anti-blowout baffle installed so I dont have the blowout problems I was having while trying to bag leaves. For leaves I like gator highlifts. They bag really well for me and reduce the volume of leaves.