PDA

View Full Version : Lights on walker

TagTeam
10-26-2003, 10:42 PM
Hello, First let me say I am new to Lawnsite and I have
found a wealth of knowledge ...Thank You...

I was wondering if anyone has installed the lights
for the Walker and any opinions about them...

Kevin

gene gls
10-26-2003, 10:46 PM
My dealer installed mine and they work fine.

Gene

DanTheGrassman
10-26-2003, 10:58 PM
lights on my toro timecutter

Mowingman
10-26-2003, 11:48 PM
I had the dealer install a light kit on my Walker when I bought it in 1998. They work well, and have come in handy for early morning mowing, before daylight. They really provide a lot of light.:)

EagleLandscape
10-27-2003, 12:35 AM
why the hell would you mow in the dark? a) too dangerous b) waking people up in the morning, unless you're mowing properties way away from a residential area.

DanTheGrassman
10-27-2003, 01:18 AM
Um nice responce jwingfield2k...but come on use your common sense. I live in Canada where we receive considerably less sunlight then southern states during the months of October and November that coupled with bad weather, lots of leaves to cleanup. With the clocks tunred back an hour here we can safely on a cloudy day work till only 4-5pm....with the lights we can safely work till 6-7pm while finishing up large residentials.

Not to mention lights on riding mowers are extra visiblity when crossing roads, parking lots which may come in handy in early morning hours and late evenings where people are not expecting to see a riding mower.

Thirdly we can use our lights in the wintertime when snowplowing when we convert our units over to sidewalk clearing snowplowing machines..any more reasons?

Thanks, Dan

Mowingman
10-27-2003, 07:47 AM
When it is 100+ degrees in the summer, we like to start about 4:00AM to take advantage of lower temps. We only mow commercial properties where we won't wake someone up. It is easy to trim and edge in the dark if you know the property from years of service there. Most commercial properties have some type of night lighting anyway. Also, after daylight savings time kicks in, we can still get a couple of extra hours of mowing in in the evening. Makes us a lot more effecient than any of our competitors. I also have lights on all our big ZTR's:D

Team Gopher
10-27-2003, 08:34 AM
Hi Dan,

Great pic!

pyrocare
10-27-2003, 04:07 PM
We have them on ours and love them. The first time I had the dealer install them. The second time the mechanic said it wasn't too hard to put it on so I did it my self. All it is is bolt on the lights, bolt on the fork for the lights, and plug in the quick connects. All the main wiring is done all you'll have to do is find the quick connect next to the battery and plug it in.

EagleLandscape
10-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Ok makes alot of sense! Good thinking! And whoever made the comment about doing commerical properties at 4am, what another great idea! Never though of that, and will probably do something simliar to it next year! Never know what you will learn!

landscaper3
10-27-2003, 05:15 PM
We run them on our Walkers, Works great when snowblowing at 2am!