PDA

View Full Version : exmark 36 hydro or 36 stander

Ron Greenwood Jr
10-28-2003, 02:32 AM
I am looking for the benifits, and downfalls of these machins. I demoed the exmark loved it apossed to my belt drives. Have yet to demo the stander. The purpous of this machine would be mainly to get through smaller gates and that is it wich would you choose from personal experence. thanks

Turf Dancer
10-28-2003, 04:41 AM
I was thinking of starting the same thread ! I guess we were on the same wave length ! I have done a demo on a Super Surfer 36" and loved it ! I have yet to demo a Turf Tracer HP , I think I would take a Super Surfer except for the fact that I have a few hills here that would cause me to not want to use a 36" stander of any sorts due to the fact that in my demo I used both the 52" and 36" and the 36" feels a little unstable on faster turns or hills ! I am still up in the air on the subject but thanks for posting this thread! This purchase will be my first mower larger than a 21" !

GarPA
10-29-2003, 06:42 AM
I dont know anything about the super surfer but take a good look at the front caster arms on the TT. I boought a 36 Viking a few months ago for the exact reasons you mention....but the long caster forks on the Viking are a problem in some areas...they just stick out so far and get in the way often...If I could do over again, I would try to find something that has less "front end" on it

RAR
10-29-2003, 08:31 AM
havent tried stander, but used 36 tthp, out cuts my 48tthp in wet thick grass discharges good . flys through high grass. cuts good at high speed. Ill prob. get one. Rich

MTR
10-29-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by RAR
havent tried stander, but used 36 tthp, out cuts my 48tthp in wet thick grass discharges good . flys through high grass. cuts good at high speed. Ill prob. get one. Rich

Yeah, it's true that the 36" deck cut "cleaner" than the 48" in wet or high grass. As this question, 36" TTHP 15 hp twin Kawi is hands down. I doubt a 36 Stander can "stand" on very steep hill like what 36" eXmark "crapwalking" do... don't forget you can not crabwalk your Stander on those hills, the machine is built to stand only. See it?