PDA

View Full Version : kioti tractor

pd002
10-28-2003, 04:29 PM
the kioti dk45 tractor is a workhorse that puts the big 3 to shame at a much lower cost. i'm sure there are many opinions.

Mykster
11-03-2003, 04:02 AM
My father just bought a Kioti last spring. Can't remember what model or size. He looked at JD, Kubota, New Holland, and Massey. He ruled out JD, NH, and the Massey due to the price difference. So it was down to the Kioti and Kubota. THey were neck and neck as far as specs. The Kioti was 3500 cheaper and weighed 700lbs. more than the Kubota.

Potchkins
11-17-2003, 11:20 PM
kubota for dealer service
and parts availability

Planet Landscaping
11-18-2003, 06:57 AM
Resale? Long term reliability? Parts?

AltaLawnCare
11-18-2003, 10:39 AM
I had a LB1914. I had problems with mine.
It had about 600 hours on it, when I got rid of it.

One thing to be sure to check is do they have separate hydro pumps for steering and hydralics?

Mine ran off of same pump, and the steering was going out in mine. :(

Something was wrong with the tranny in mine also..it would "lock up" in gear...and sometimes would jump out of gear.

The newer models might be improved. :confused:

olderthandirt
11-18-2003, 11:05 AM
MTD bought Kioti tracs about a yr. go so they could have a larger more hp. trac in there line up

pd002
11-20-2003, 08:56 PM
My DK 45 is still pretty new. So far it has performed everything that i have asked. I am close to a dealer so i dont see parts and service being a problem. The DK series is much different than the LB. There is more than enough hydro capacity to go around i also run a backhoe off the main pump. This is the largest tractor that i have owned and I am impressed by how easily it does work compared to other compacts. If you like kubota you will like this tractor its hard to tell them apart. H.P.=fun.

DMR&Co
11-23-2003, 03:47 PM
I have a Kioti LK3054 TLB with about 130 hrs on it and I'd put it up against the top three any day and have no reservations that it will meet or most likely exceed any of them. The only differents is I have a Koyker 155 loader which has a greater lift compacity than the oem loader. As far as MTD buying Kioti I've never heard that if this is true please post where the info can be found. Kioti is a 100% Korean owned company and they make nearly 100% of the parts at there own factory in Korea that go into their tractors. Most of their attachments are built by other companies. Kioti does build tractors for some of the other companies like mahindra. Kioti has been building tractors since the late 50's early 60's and has marketed them in the US since the mid 80's. Every time I use the tractor and I use it commercialy it never stops impressing me.

olderthandirt
11-23-2003, 11:35 PM
My brother designs the owners manuals for mtd products. I was at the corperate office in cleveland and they had about 15 brand new Kioti's sitting in crates. That when he told me MTD bought them and I have seen the manuals he had to design for them.
I do not know if there web page mentions it or not, and they are still being made in Korea as before only diff. now is MTD will do all it can to cheapen the price & quility of machine. As soon as they finish manuals and engineers go over machines the emploees get a chance to buy them and my brother usually gets first crack at sale. I've bought alot of MTD products new for pennys on the dollars and just waiting for my Kioti. Although not a fan of them I'm not against making a few thousand on one.

Mac

JCLandWerks
11-24-2003, 09:18 PM
They are better than the Nor-Trac or Farm Pro's but for Resale, parts and service your best bet would be Kubota or JD.

lamarbur
11-25-2003, 01:45 PM
one of the Kioti dealers on another net says this isn't true. MTD is buying certain sized Kioti so they can rebadge them under MTD's Cugb Cadet line. Doesn't mean MTD owns Kioti.

Avery
12-07-2003, 10:11 PM
I could give you many reasons why I do not like Kioti, but if you are happy with the tractor then that is all that matters. I currently have three JD's. A older 770, a 5310 and a 4310. Only one that I have had problems with is the 770. They are caused by my guys running them on hardtop with a full load in the bucket. They keep wringing out gears in the front diff. When you are down and need parts you come to love JD. 24 hour part delivery to commercial customers.

olderthandirt
01-02-2004, 02:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lamarbur
one of the Kioti dealers on another net says this isn't true. MTD is buying certain sized Kioti so they can rebadge them under MTD's Cugb Cadet line. Doesn't mean MTD owns Kioti.

where did I say MTD owns KIOTI? I said they bought kioti so they could have a larger hp. trac And for all those that will put them up against the big 3 remember that in 10 yrs when there's no parts or dealers support or you been in the seat for a few yrs. I just spent some time on one a couple days ago and its an OK trac but its not even in the same league as the big 3. IMO

Mac

DK35vince
01-02-2004, 03:51 AM
And for all those that will put them up against the big 3 remember that in 10 yrs when there's no parts or dealers support or you been in the seat for a few yrs. I just spent some time on one a couple days ago and its an OK trac but its not even in the same league as the big 3. [/B]

I haved owned a Kioti DK 35 for 2 years now and would put it up against the big 3 anytime.
I have used several model L series Kubota's and currently still own a John Deere 850.
The fit, finish ,comfort and quality of the Kioti DK is every bit as good as any Big 3 tractor I have ever used.
Parts for my Kioti are no harder to get than for my John Deere .

olderthandirt
01-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by DK35vince
I haved owned a Kioti DK 35 for 2 years now and would put it up against the big 3 anytime.
I have used several model L series Kubota's and currently still own a John Deere 850.
The fit, finish ,comfort and quality of the Kioti DK is every bit as good as any Big 3 tractor I have ever used.
Parts for my Kioti are no harder to get than for my John Deere .

Great 8 more yrs to go! Any of the big 3 will be of same value in ten yrs almost as they are today if taken care of, but what the kioti gonna be worth?. The off brands have been imported for yrs. but you can't find any use one for sale and theres a reason for that. :D

Mac

DK35vince
01-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Any of the big 3 will be of same value in ten yrs almost as they are today if taken care of, but what the kioti gonna be worth?. The off brands have been imported for yrs. but you can't find any use one for sale and theres a reason for that. :

It wasn't all that long ago they were saying the same thing about Kubota. Look at them now...
Let me know when you run into a Compact Utility Tractor that isn't imported.

olderthandirt
01-02-2004, 03:42 PM
It wasn't all that long ago they were saying the same thing about Kubota. Look at them now...

I don't know 40 yrs. or more is quite a long time to me and yes I know the compacts are imported, but thats like comparing toyota to yugo they were both imports.
Remember Belerus?
I hope you get many yrs of trouble free work from your Kioti but in 10 yrs it won't hold its resale like one of the big 3

Mac

DK35vince
01-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Before I purchased my Kioti DK I spent many hours on Kubota L-3000,L-3600,L-4200 tractors as well as test running a L-3010 and L-3410.
Did I find these tractors well made and like them=yes
Did I find them in a differant league than the Kioti DK=absolutely NOT
I found the fit, finish and quality of the Kioti DK series to be every bit as good.
I have owned my John Deere tractor for many years and like it ,it has been good.
Do I find my John Deere superior to my Kioti=NO
I like my Kioti DK so well the my John Deere has not been used for 2 years .

NYRookie
02-15-2004, 12:55 PM
Good luck with the Kioti, but I will stick with my New Holland all the way.

DK35vince
02-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Thanks Rookie,
My Kioti has been working out real well for me so far.

DK35vince
02-15-2004, 02:46 PM
I installed hydraulic top and tilt on the 3 point to adjust implement roll back and tilt angles on the go.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-15-2004, 02:46 PM
ill stick with my JD

DK35vince
02-15-2004, 02:49 PM
The skid steer style quick attach on the loader lets me quickly hook up to many skid steer attachments, forks, blades, buckets, Etc.

DK35vince
03-14-2004, 11:44 AM
DK 35 Kioti with 8 1/2' backhoe, 18" bucket and subframe

bucktenpolaris
03-17-2004, 10:45 PM
tractors that have 200-600 hrs on them are just getting broke in , does anybody have a Kioti that has 3000+hrs on them?? I would also worry about gettin parts for them . I`ll stick with my domestics for now. my uncle has a few case tractors that have 8000+ hours on them and are still going strong.

lars
03-22-2004, 03:53 PM

John Deere's 4000 series are made in Augusta Georgia.