PDA

View Full Version : securing little wonder

mmacsek
10-28-2003, 07:48 PM
We're starting to do leaf clean-ups. I have the blowers in the back of my pick-up truck. No matter what I do, I can't secure my Little Wonder blower. With the three wheels it keeps tipping. Any tried and true methods for keeping it in place? Thanks in advance. Matt

locutus
10-28-2003, 08:43 PM
I dont have a little wonder, at least the kind your talking about, but I do have I-bolts attached to my tool box that have come in real handy for securing other unweildy items such as spreaders, aerators etc. The I-bolts are on either side of my tool box. I just push whatever I want to secure against the toolbox and thread a ratchet strap through the bolts and around whatever it is that Im trying to tie down. Works great for me.

bam
10-28-2003, 09:00 PM
when you load the machine, have the wheels go from left to right, as opposed from front to back of the truck. then use a small 1" ratchet strap and use the hooks in your bed or the stake pockets and again use 2 points to hold it in place.

jaybird
10-28-2003, 09:01 PM
same problem here we hog tie it to rail of trailor, seems to have a mind of its own.

PetalsandPines
10-29-2003, 12:41 AM
Park your ZTR up against it and jam it into the frame of the trailer......It won't go anywhere:D :D (don't forget to set the parking brake);)

CSRA Landscaping
10-29-2003, 10:57 AM
I've got ours in an enclosed trailer ... it sits under the shelves at the front of the trailer, with the front wheel being strapped down by a ratcheting tie-down.

mmacsek
10-29-2003, 01:45 PM
I'll try the 2 ratchet straps in the truck. When I'm mowing I have the blower secured on the trailer. The problem is when I'm doing leaves and I only have the blowers. I just use my pickup. It seems kinda silly to haul one walkbehind blower on a 14' trailer. I have the backpack and other stuff in the bed. Thanks for the responses. Matt

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Here junglejims

mmacsek
10-29-2003, 05:12 PM
The jungle jims work great for the trailer but do you mount them in the bed of your truck? Thanks Matt

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by mmacsek
The jungle jims work great for the trailer but do you mount them in the bed of your truck? Thanks Matt

You can!
John

mmacsek
10-29-2003, 07:54 PM
I'll have to look into this!! Thanks John Matt