PDA

View Full Version : Izusu npr-gas

grassdaddy
10-28-2003, 09:12 PM
Has anyone drove an npr with 300hp chevy 6.0-v8?Seems to me that might be a pretty good set-up.I bet mpg wouldn't be much worse than diesel?Down the road,-6.0 parts shouldn't be near as hard on pocket book.I bet 300hp straight shift would not be a pig either.--Need to hear from experts.:)

paponte
10-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Not sure on the NPR, we have UD diesels. All I can say is that I will NEVER buy another gas truck for the business. One you go diesel, you'll never go back. :cool:

Quality Cuts PLS
10-29-2003, 06:07 PM
I test drove Isuzu NPR Gas with 6.0 V8 a couple of days ago. Awesome acceleration. Spun the tires thru 1st. and 2nd. gear - it did not have a bed on it yet. I have used NPR Diesels before, great vehicle - just too slow. Gas mileage should be close to the same as the diesel, due to the way it is geared, according to the dealer. Warranty is less on some items compared to diesel. Free A/C and 2.9% financing until the end of December 2003. Was quoted 22091.00 plus bed and TTL.

Planet Landscaping
11-17-2003, 06:24 AM
Wont the diesel last Twice as long or so?

pottstim
11-18-2003, 02:30 AM
I am doing a 3 day demo with an NPR diesel for the publishing company I work for full-time. The truck is an auto with a 16 foot box. So far, we are getting about 12mpg and this is all city driving. Tomorrow I will be driving the truck down to knoxville which is around 35 miles one way. I'll be anxious to see how it does mileage wise on the highway. The boss is going to buy, but I think I am going to recommend we go for a 14 foot box as opposed to the 16 footer, which is just too dang long for what we need. The little diesel engine really hustles this truck around, even with around a ton in the back. I am very impressed so far, so is everyone else at work. :)

Atlantic Lawn
11-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Does anyone know how stop and go driving will effect a diesel motor ? I know diesels don't take to over heating or running under a no load conditions but how about the day long stop and go some of us do ? Is this going to do anything long term?

xcopterdoc
11-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Steve;
We have a few of the Isuzu diesel trucks. From a 92 NRR with 300,000 miles to a 2000 FRR with 65,000. We do alot of stop and go driving with the NQR landscape trucks. We have had no engine problems what so ever. I change the oil more than needed I suppose, due to the fact that I know they idle alot. Oil and filters are cheap insurance.

LANDSCAPER30
01-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Grassdaddy-
I Had Up Until A Year Ago, A 1996 Isuzu Npr With A Stock 350 Chevy Motor And The Thing Was A Nightmare!! From Major Electrical Problems, Frying-out 4 Starters, 3 Fly Wheels, A New Motor, Cracked Bell Housing ( All Of This Happened In A 3 Yr Span) It Was Terrible!!! For Hauling Small Loads Across Town No Problem. When You Start Hauling Heavy Materials And Equipment Behind Them , They Are Not The Vehicle To Have. Good Luck

hosejockey2002
01-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Gas mileage should be close to the same as the diesel, due to the way it is geared, according to the dealer.

I think the dealer is feeding you a line to get you to buy a gas truck. I have a Chevy 2500hd with the 6.0, 4.10 gears and a Maxidump insert. It weighs 6500 lbs and averages 10 mpg in the city. The Isuzu with the same motor will be geared lower and weigh more, and probably get 9 or less. Diesel should get 12-13. Judging from the way my truck goes, the Isuzu should scream empty but slow noticeably loaded with the gas. The diesel will be slow loaded or empty. Don't get me wrong, I love my 6.0, but it is thirsty.