PDA

View Full Version : How Low Can You Get

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 08:35 AM
JML TO TAKE SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK AND PUT IT IN YOUR ADD? DONT YOU HAVE ANYTHING WORTH PUTTING IN YOURSELF. YOU ARE LOWER THEN A SCRUB. Go to elements of business.
JOHN GAMBA

rodfather
10-29-2003, 08:50 AM
Whatcha talkin bout JG?

dobehap
10-29-2003, 08:58 AM
Yeah, look in Elements of Business section, there does seem to be a flyer in there with John's lawn....

I hope jml can explain this one.

Phishook
10-29-2003, 10:57 AM
Oh, now I see wht you are shouting.

promower
10-29-2003, 12:39 PM
JML stated that the flier had been professionally made. The company used that picture without permission and JML may not of know that this was your picture. I would look into this company he listed the website, looks to me not a very professional company.

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by promower
JML stated that the flier had been professionally made. The company used that picture without permission and JML may not of know that this was your picture. I would look into this company he listed the website, looks to me not a very professional company.

If that is true, They are still using pics that arn't theres. Now i will move on to bigger and better things.
John

bob
10-29-2003, 02:09 PM
I saw it. Thats the ultimate complement- using someone elses photos.

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by bob
I saw it. Thats the ultimate complement- using someone elses photos.

Thank you bob :cool:
That is a nother way of looking at it :rolleyes:

John

rodfather
10-29-2003, 03:01 PM
IMO, I would think the owner of the property had more of a right (moral and legal) to be p***ed off vs. the person (LCO) who is only taking care of it...that's unless I'm incorrect and JG owns one of those properties that were used for this flier/door hanger.

Or, you could look at it as bob put it.

Rich's Lawn Care
10-29-2003, 03:08 PM
But JML is passing off John's work as his own..

rodfather
10-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Kind of reminds me of "plagarism" in a way...taking credit for something you didn't do (that someone else did).

Rich's Lawn Care
10-29-2003, 03:19 PM
That's Deep!!;)

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by rodfather
IMO, I would think the owner of the property had more of a right (moral and legal) to be p***ed off vs. the person (LCO) who is only taking care of it...that's unless I'm incorrect and JG owns one of those properties that were used for this flier/door hanger.

Or, you could look at it as bob put it.

The owners lawyer is looking into it. I have permission to use the pic,I'm out of it now.

John

rodfather
10-29-2003, 03:45 PM
I smell a cease and desist order coming from the owner's attorney...or else a certain somebody's gonna get sued because something was reprinted without the owners consent or permission.

The Lawn Boy Pro
10-29-2003, 03:56 PM
I feel bad that you got USED John, I dont know anyone on this site that can duplicate your lawnscapes John. You should sue!

rodfather
10-29-2003, 04:03 PM
In a way, I kind of feel sorry for JML. They put their trust into this firm to make up a flyer (a legal one) and has his (JML) name attached to it. If I was JML and found out that this company used photos without owner consent, I'd be talking with my attorney as well.

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 04:05 PM
The only thing the lawyer asked is it being used for profit. These people buy land and put up plazas and put in there food stores thats all they do. Big dollars.
john

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 04:09 PM
In a way, I kind of feel sorry for JML. They put their trust into this firm to make up a flyer (a legal one) and has his (JML) name attached to it. If I was JML and found out that this company used photos without owner consent, I'd be talking with my attorney as well.

How do you know that? They could have given them the pics and had a flyer made.
They still at least are claming to be the ones that mow that type of prop. The best thing it has there name on it and phone #.
John

maple city
10-29-2003, 04:14 PM
Any flier that I pass out will have pictures of my actual work on it. I am very proud of the work I do, and am pleased to show it off. I can't understand why JML couldn't take a pic of one of the props. he services and use it for his flier.

rodfather
10-29-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm not pointing fingers John.

What I was trying to say is if JML has absolutely no knowledge that these photos did not come with the owner's consent/permission, it makes them look bad even though they had no idea what they were getting into.

rodfather
10-29-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by maple city
Any flier that I pass out will have pictures of my actual work on it. I am very proud of the work I do, and am pleased to show it off. I can't understand why JML couldn't take a pic of one of the props. he services and use it for his flier.

Good point. In fact if it were me, I would have a professional photographer do it.

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 04:53 PM
I'm not pointing fingers John.

What I was trying to say is if JML has absolutely no knowledge that these photos did not come with the owner's consent/permission, it makes them look bad even though they had no idea what they were getting into.

It still isen't there work no mater who pics they are. This is why i havent posted the 03 pics and there the best ones yet.
John

rodfather
10-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by John Gamba
It still isen't there work no mater who pics they are. This is why i havent posted the 03 pics and there the best ones yet.
John

I get your point John, but you don't get mine so I will drop it. I think what JML and/or the flyer designer is "saying" by using those pictures is that these pictures represent or is indictitive of the kind of work JML does. What do you think ad agencies do?

I'm done.

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 05:41 PM
If they DO that kind of work then where is there pics? I dont think they do work like this, That is why they use others.
John

Black Water
10-29-2003, 05:52 PM
I salute you Mr. Gamba.:waving:

You refused to be a victim.

We need a dozen more like ya.;)

trimmasters
10-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Yes, i agree someone used your pics without your permision. What gets me is the way you guys seem to be stuck on the fact the work has to be your own. Ad agences make stuff to make you look good, how many of trugreen's add's do you really think are there own lawns? you see the same five or ten houses in hundreds of adds for difrent companies. as far as i'm concrend who cares who's work it is as long as it makes you look good? using it without permision is ofcorse a totaly difrent story.

justmjc
10-29-2003, 06:52 PM
I think his ad looks great. Even if he gets a court order to stop using the flyer, the damage is done. He's made his money, landed the accounts, and has them again for next season. All he needs to do is come up with different pics for his flyer again. Nothing lost to him. And really, unless he stops using it and you can prove that he didn't, you won't gain anything either. Situation sucks but I think it's requires too much effort without a guarantee on your part. Besides, is it worth it in attorney's fees to block him from using it? I wouldn't think so.

ahah
10-29-2003, 07:06 PM
The ad does look great. Too bad he or his ad agency lifted someone else's work and represented it as his own. My work is not up to the standards of John's striping. I have no lawns near the size to showcase my mowers' abilities. At one point I had a few large lawns with healthy grass that would have maybe come close. I didn't take pictures, John did.
It has always been my policy to under promise and over deliver. If an ad company would have shown me a flier that had someone else's work on it, I would have told them to stick it. If you can't deliver, don't take the order.

lawnkid
10-29-2003, 09:12 PM
That's not right. I know for a while there someone had EricELMs pictures of his beautiful stripes on their flyer and that's not right. I doubt it's the company at fault. I think it is JML because he would have said something by now to defend. I think he has his tail between his leags and is embarassed to talk because he'll get bashed. As stated earlier, I wouldc all the number. Good luck with that.

AztlanLC
10-29-2003, 09:13 PM

I'm not trying to go against what you're saying, I just would like to know where he stated this?, haven't seing any reply since he posted this pictures and john ask him abou it.
Just want to know if I missed something.

Doc Pete
10-29-2003, 09:22 PM
If they DO that kind of work then where is there pics? I dont think they do work like this, That is why they use others.
John

John,
Let it go. When the people find out their work isn't as represented, they'll go somewhere else. It ain't worth your time. You do a great job, the hell with them.
I have people copy my internet product all the time. It's not worth the attorney fees. And, once they try to compete with my quality and price, they're gone in a month.
It just ain't worth the aggravation........Go mow some lawns;) ;)
Pete

justmjc
10-29-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Switchless@aol.com
John,
It's not worth the attorney fees.

Pete

I thinks it's that in a nutshell.

GreenQuest Lawn
10-30-2003, 12:52 AM
Don't feel bad john, it has happened to me as well.http://greenquest.net/boxing.gif

John Gamba
10-30-2003, 06:51 AM
Pete Thanks
But the lawyer fees are nothing to these people, they have a firm for there business and don't even know about this. they will find out at the next board meeting or if one of there sons tell them. I have let this go when i got done talking with the lawyer.

I just wanted to let everybody know or put a NAME on these type people who use other members stuff on this site.
I also would like to see a stiff penalty like getting banned but i can see no BACK BONE with this new owner of lawnsite on this issue The button to get sean does not work or at least didnt when i tryed.

John

Doc Pete
10-30-2003, 07:05 AM
I just wanted to let everybody know or put a NAME on these type people who use other members stuff on this site.

John

I figured it was something like that.............
Pete

John Gamba
10-30-2003, 08:31 AM
We do think alike! most of the time:D
John

I think the name we all can put on people like this can be

MILLY VANILLY!!!!!!

Remsen1
10-30-2003, 11:11 AM
John, I would feel the same way that you do and I would probably b__ch about it too, but after the rage subsides and business sense kicks in, you have to realize that you'll gain nothing in return of expended resources pursuing this. If he were in your immediate area, soliciting your potential customers, then it may be a whole different story.

lawn perfection
10-30-2003, 11:20 AM
John, i totally agree with you, if i had lawns that looked like that i would not want others using my pics to pose as there work. I think all of us would love to have lawns like that, some of you guys can and some of us can't.

MacLawnCo
10-30-2003, 11:36 AM
has anyone asked JML about this?

John Gamba
10-30-2003, 01:56 PM
Thank you all!!!
But it will not be me doing anything, It will be up to the owners or the lawyers. It will be at least TWO MONTHS before they have there meeting.
John

RobH
10-30-2003, 02:55 PM
John you said you haven't posted any pics from '03 and that these pics are even better than the current pic you use!!!

I've mentioned in previous posts that I think you have the most amazing looking stripes. I wish we could all see your newer pics.

Your lawn is so amazing that I'd be scared to even play catch or throw a football on that lawn. It is SO PERFECT. You do great work and I'm sorry to hear that people are using your pics to promote "their" work.

John Gamba
10-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by RobH
John you said you haven't posted any pics from '03 and that these pics are even better than the current pic you use!!!

I've mentioned in previous posts that I think you have the most amazing looking stripes. I wish we could all see your newer pics.

Your lawn is so amazing that I'd be scared to even play catch or throw a football on that lawn. It is SO PERFECT. You do great work and I'm sorry to hear that people are using your pics to promote "their" work.

Thank you so much :blush:
The funny thing about that pic is it was sent to exmark about two years ago because of the uncut grass between the trim blade and the middle blade. It was a slipping mule belt on the 2000 lazer eps. The roller was removed to see the STRIP of uncut grass in the STRIPE. If you really look at it you can see it.
Again Thank you and i will post the good pic of that lawn when i get it into the computer.
John