PDA

View Full Version : Edgit and Lawn Spiker??

craigs lawncare
10-29-2003, 05:09 PM
Has anyone tried either of these?

“Spiker” Lawn Aerator. www.7315.com

Or the “Edgit” trimmer guide www.edgit.com

Any feedback would be wonderful.
Craig

:)

sprout
10-29-2003, 07:20 PM
:blob4: I had two Edgit's, wore both out. I liked'em, they are well made, I just wore'em out. I don't have one now. It took awhile but I taught myself to edge with just the trimmer. Oh yes, It does get heavy.

hortboy
10-29-2003, 10:04 PM
A spiker can do harm / while doing good. Not sure about your soil type, but up here we've got clay and one of our concerns is soil compactiion. the spiker is not helping that situation at all, also an aerator helps rejuvenate the turf by allowing for more root expansion from existing turf, really no helping there either.

I'd go w/ the true core aerator, much more benifits and your customers will see the cores laying there , knowing you did the job.

MacLawnCo
10-29-2003, 10:51 PM
http://lawnsite.com/search.php

lawnkid
10-29-2003, 11:28 PM
I tired an edgit one time. Seemed to work okay. I still prefer my walkbehind Kee edger but I use thr trimmer all year except for the first cut in spring. out ocmes the w/b.

MacLawn,
That's absolutely disgusting. Yes fat people do need loving but not from me. That's a fact.

mike9497
10-30-2003, 12:12 AM
i used the edgit a few times.i like using my old crapsmen and mclane 3 wheel edgers better

Maclawn

let me know when you run for president.i can get you tons of fat voters.some may have to be dropped in the voting booth by crane but its a vote right

ducky1
10-30-2003, 06:28 AM
I use the edgit and really like it. Well worth the investment. It does take some getting used to like anything else.

Team Gopher
10-30-2003, 07:55 AM
Hi Craig,

Here is a quote from this post.

For those who use Stick edgers. (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53445)

"I have an Edgit and like it alot for edging beds, but I don't think it does as good as a stick edger on concrete. The Edgit does do a very nice job on concrete, but I feel the steel blade does it better. Just MHO.'

craigs lawncare
10-30-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by hortboy
A spiker can do harm / while doing good. Not sure about your soil type, but up here we've got clay and one of our concerns is soil compaction. the spiker is not helping that situation at all, also an aerator helps rejuvenate the turf by allowing for more root expansion from existing turf, really no helping there either.

I'd go w/ the true core aerator, much more benifits and your customers will see the cores laying there , knowing you did the job.

hortboy, yes you are correct that a spiker can compact the soil.:)
I should have been More clear in my post, I was looking at the pull behind core aerator version. Your response was helpful. Anyone else have any info on this aerator or other pull behinds.
Craig

craigs lawncare
10-30-2003, 01:53 PM
Team Gopher, Ducky1, mike9497, sprout and lawnkid, thanks for the feedback on the edgit.
When you guys used your edgits, was it easy to trim around trees and obstacles with the edgit mounted on your trimmer? Sprout, Overall I am concluding that you felt it was a well made device, is that correct?
Craig:)

PaulJ
10-30-2003, 03:00 PM
I will never have another trimmer without an edgit on it. The edgit is a wonderful tool for maintaining edges on walks and beds. It is not for cutting i new edges or badly overgrown walks. For overgrown walks you need a wheeled edger. But once the edge is there you can maintain it with an edgit on your trimmer and never have to use a blade edger again. The edgit also makes a better gaurd than the factory ones on your trimmer.
www.edgit.com

sprout
10-30-2003, 04:52 PM
:blob4: Yep! very well made. I really got to be very good with it. No problem to trim around trees,fence post,cars,mail box anything. I even found that I could trim some small hedge's with it. Like I said, I wore'em out.

fraz001
10-31-2003, 09:20 PM
I have one of the edgit ,best thing going.
order 2 more 4 next year....