PDA

View Full Version : Your own shop

LA LAWNS
10-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Those of you who own your shop or garage, at what point did you realize you needed to move your business from the home garage? Was it a certain amount of income level, or other factor?
Thanks, LA LAWNS

lawnGUYnMD
10-29-2003, 07:06 PM
I think you need to look at the amount of equipment that you have and then look at the bottom line. If your home is cramp'd now and you have a good income to support a shop then do it. More space will allow you to keep track of you equipment and supplies easier. Good luck

paponte
10-29-2003, 07:19 PM
When you have no place for your wife to park in the driveway, and when you have more equipment than you know what to do with. If your house looks like a shop... it's time to move. :cool:

WeatherMan
10-29-2003, 07:25 PM
When My Wife Kicked Me Out of the garage

TLS
10-29-2003, 07:34 PM
Ya build a bigger garage!

I have a 24x20 now at home with access to my Fathers 24x30 for off season storage (plows in summer, mowers in winter).

Will eventually build a 30x50 here at the house, so that all is under one roof.

Cant see wasting time driving to "work" only to then "DRIVE" to go mowing.

Garage is 20 paces from my house, and I intend to keep it that way as long as possible.

Turfdude
10-29-2003, 10:08 PM
PaPonte's hit it on the nose.

Turfdude
10-29-2003, 10:11 PM
In other words - when your place looks like this! BTW, there's another dump truck w/ trailer to the left of the 2 tone pick-up!

EJK2352
10-29-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by TLS
Ya build a bigger garage!

I have a 24x20 now at home with access to my Fathers 24x30 for off season storage (plows in summer, mowers in winter).

Will eventually build a 30x50 here at the house, so that all is under one roof.

Cant see wasting time driving to "work" only to then "DRIVE" to go mowing.

Garage is 20 paces from my house, and I intend to keep it that way as long as possible.

Is your house on property that is zoned commercial?? No zoning?? Or do you have neighbors like mine, that don't say a word about your business being run out of a residential neighborhood?? I do work for a bunch of my neighbors either mowing or apps. or both.

TLS
10-30-2003, 12:29 AM
My property is on a State highway (2 lane, It's PA remember!) and I have a house next door that was previously residential, and was recently sold and re-zoned and now houses a Financial Consultant Company. So, yeah, if I was FORCED to, I probably could re-zone.

BUT....

Everything of mine gets tucked away EVERY night in the garage. Passing by you'd never know I run a LCO out of my house. So they BETTER NOT ever squalk about me (the Borough, or the neighbors).

ManleyLawn
10-30-2003, 12:40 AM
yeah i work for all of the neighbors in my neighborhood at my moms place but i'm tired of everything everywhere and no room. it's not even my house.... but it will work until i come up with new living arrangments..... in time..