PDA

View Full Version : Exmark fixed deck hydro drive walk-behind

GTLC
10-29-2003, 05:45 PM
I am either going to get a Exmark fixed deck hydro drive or floating deck gear drive walk-behind. Which one do you prefer or think would be better to get?

John Gamba
10-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Do you change your height alot? #2 Do you have alot of bushes to go under?
John

GTLC
10-29-2003, 06:01 PM
No, I have only one job for which I need to cahnge the height and there are some bushes to mow around on some jobs, but not many.

locutus
10-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Fixed deck hydro I.E. exmark viking, will give you true zero turn performance, that is to say zero turn rotating around the mid-point of the machine. Scalping and height adjustment could be problems. The narrower tires on the viking could also cause some problems. The floating deck belt drive depends on the width of the machine whether or not it will be of benefit to you. The floating deck 36" in reality does not float. It has only one anti-scalping wheel. the main advantage of a 36" floating deck is ease of height adjustment. On a wider belt drive, the deck will indeed float with the terrain due to it's width and additional anti-scalping wheels. If I had it to do all over again I would probably go with the fixed deck hydro and try to reto-fit some wider rear tires. This however doesn't mean that I dont like my belt drive. OH!, forgot to mention that the hydro will also have true reverse capabilities.

John Gamba
10-30-2003, 06:54 AM
Then go geer drive..
John