PDA

View Full Version : OK guys, my second go, you old guys should remember me and my bro =)

syzer
10-29-2003, 10:39 PM
For those who don't remember me (my bro is guntruck) here is a little background info.

We started the biz up back in 2001, did excellent the first summer, I decided to get into real estate, which I am still in and love. I let bro have the business, and he kind of just let it go since he had a hard time getting help.

Well I have been missing the heck out of it, and I decided to start it back up =). I have been fortunate in real estate and am able to buy all new equipment we need, and are soon going to begin shopping.

So be prepared to answer 1000's of questions and give lots of advice hehe.....I have lost all my documents, proposals, estimate sheets and everything else while moving from here to there =).

Hopefully you older guys remember us, kutnkru, kirby, dhicks, and many others my aging mind forgot =).

Wish us luck =P.

-Chris
Precision Landscaping, LLC

dvmcmrhp52
10-29-2003, 10:51 PM
Welcome back!

Lawn-Scapes
10-29-2003, 11:01 PM
I remember you two and just recently wondered what happened to you guys. Good luck starting back up.

Why not put the extra effort into the real estate and take it to another level?

Jusmowin
10-29-2003, 11:17 PM
Long time no hear from, glad your back!

syzer
10-29-2003, 11:20 PM
dvmcmrhp52:
Thanks =).

Lawn-Scapes:
I am pretty close to right where I want to be with real estate, or heading anyway. Its kind of like lawn work, in winter you cant wait to get to it, at the end of the fall your glad to take a break =). I hate hitting the ghetto's on 100 degree days, and roach crap dropping on me ripping things down in the summer when it stinks.

So I am going to do this in the summer, and hood work in the winter. Also unlike last time, me bro and I aren't doing a partnership, I am going to be sole owner, and my bro working for me. This will free a lot of my time up to do real estate when I need to in the summer.

Lawn-Scapes
10-29-2003, 11:32 PM
Chris... shoot me an email sometime tom@lawn-scapes.com .. I have a friend that is interested in real estate.

Richard Martin
10-30-2003, 05:40 AM
syzer wrote:

kutnkru, kirby, dhicks

We don't hear much from these guys any more. kutnkru made a couple of posts the other day but that's about all I've heard from them in a long time.

Team Gopher
10-30-2003, 08:56 AM
Hi Syzer,

Keep us posted how things are going!

65hoss
10-30-2003, 10:23 AM
Nope, don't remember you guys.

Just kidding. I remember. Glad your back. Welcome!

little green guy
10-30-2003, 10:24 AM
welcome back, there's not a whole lot of the old guys that used to be here anymore but there's still some. Glad to see you've been doing well.

howiehowie
10-30-2003, 10:37 AM
are you doing 3 things for work or is hood cleaning part of real estate? confused.:(

MOW ED
10-30-2003, 12:05 PM
Welcome Back

Runner
10-30-2003, 12:57 PM
I remember you, and welcome back. I guess you have a little readiong to do to catch up!:)

syzer
10-30-2003, 01:58 PM
Thanks guys =), just like the old days, everyones still cool =). I was hoping them young cocky guys didn't take over hehe. I am running up to my local place to start researching some stuff to get.

And yeah, I have a HECK of a lot of reading to do to catch up. Like I said I have to redo all my proposal sheets, contracts, estimates, etc.

I am looking at getting a 20' enclosed trailer, and a crew cab ford diesel dump to pull it around (like a 95-2000). Also was to get some surfers, I love them guys =). Going to go check the stock out, cant wait. I know there is a lot of new equipment out, so I have a lot of research to do before I purchase anything. At least I picked a good time to buy =).

howiehowie:
On most of my houses what I have been doing is buying, and rehabbing them buy myself with some help from my father. Then I will rent them or sell them. I actually just sold three of them which is where I am getting the money to start my business back up again. It can get pretty nasty down there in the hood =). I am now moving out of the "rougher" area to much much better neighborhoods. I am also beginning to concentrate on "wholesaling homes" buying low, and reselling to investors making anywhere from 5-50k on a deal without touching the houses. Working out really well.

Thanks again for the encouragement fellas, still some things to work out with bro, but I cant wait to get fired up again! I miss my ztr!

Jimbo
10-30-2003, 02:03 PM
I just cant figure out why you would want to be in this business when you are making so much with your Real Estate deals??
Heck your making me want to throw in the towel and start buying some fixer uppers.

Jimbo

syzer
10-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Well I will still be doing rel estate =), I just personally wont be fixing them up except in the winter time. During the nice summer months I would rather smell clippings, and mulch =). I just love landscaping and everything that the business entails, and this way I can have both at one time. Plus, as I said, my brother will mostly be running the business, so if at anytime I need to step away to take care of something, I know he is there to manage the company until I can step back.

I think it will work out really well.

gogetter
10-30-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Lawn-Scapes
I remember you two and just recently wondered what happened to you guys. Good luck starting back up.

That's funny, I was wondering about them the other day too.

Anyway, good to see you back. I'm surprised you guys gave it up, you seemed to really have it together considering you had pretty much just got going.
Good luck.

syzer
10-30-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by gogetter
That's funny, I was wondering about them the other day too.

Anyway, good to see you back. I'm surprised you guys gave it up, you seemed to really have it together considering you had pretty much just got going.
Good luck.

Thanks, I was thinking about how good we were doing the other day, and always am thinking of how I miss cutting grass, so thats how this all came back together =).

Good to know you guys at least were wondering what happened to us =).

stslawncare
10-30-2003, 11:33 PM
i was thinking of u guys the other day too and what happened, u guys still firefighting??? good luck

syzer
10-31-2003, 11:26 AM
Yep, still fighting fires down here in the sticks =). Thanks for thinking of us =).

Equipguy
11-01-2003, 08:27 AM
Welcome back and Good Luck!

kutnkru
11-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Whats Happenin Chris!!!

Yes Ive been away from the site quite a bit -LOL!!! Ive relocated to Central Florida and am now running in the heat with the bigger dawgs!!!

Lemme know if you need anything, Ive still got ALL my client folders from the last 3 yrs up in NY so Im sure I can cross reference something if need be LOL!!!

Best of Luck to You!!! BTW is it time to replace that sentar or stander yewts guyz had already???

Caio.

BRL
11-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Kutnkru! Good to hear from ya!

And you too syzer & guntruck. Best of luck with the new endeavor!

syzer
10-09-2004, 02:23 PM
OK OK, so its been another year =)......I am hoping to get all my ducks in order now and start up in the spring hahaha.

We'll see how it fairs out. I am talking with some one now to possibly buy out his business. We are trying to work things out now. He has 30 accounts almost all commercial. He has been in the business for 11 years. All of his commercial accounts have been with him for the past 6+ years.

Hopefully we can work it out to jump start the business again.

Richard Martin
10-09-2004, 08:06 PM
OK OK, so its been another year =)......I am hoping to get all my ducks in order now and start up in the spring hahaha.

If you're interested I can get you a 2003 Dixie Chopper XW2800 60" with a 28 EFI Kohler with only 24 hours on the mower since new for $4,000. The guy was going to start a lawn service but found it was too much work. He's got tons of money and just wants to get the mower out of his garage.

Soupy
10-09-2004, 08:50 PM
If you're interested I can get you a 2003 Dixie Chopper XW2800 60" with a 28 EFI Kohler with only 24 hours on the mower since new for $4,000. The guy was going to start a lawn service but found it was too much work. He's got tons of money and just wants to get the mower out of his garage.

That is an awesome deal. Rich, why don't you buy it? I would be tempted to come pick it up, but I sold my last Dixie Chopper because you can't put a mulch kit on them.

equipment_lister
10-09-2004, 09:44 PM

Can I just western union you the money over seas for the mower? $4000 almost sounds like one of the ebay scams.... That's an awsome deal for a dixie.

locutus
10-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Why all the recycling of old threads? Secondly, who cares who you or your "bro" are or were?

syzer
10-09-2004, 10:40 PM

Hey man, thats an awesome deal, I may be interested. I was going to pick up a few surfers but choppers have always caught my eye. I will drop you a pm.

syzer
10-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Why all the recycling of old threads? Secondly, who cares who you or your "bro" are or were?

Hmmm, dude, ppl like you that have nothing to contribute to a thread should just be kicked off the boards. Go troll on a nintendo board if you have nothing to say.

A few years ago when I was on here, ppl were cool, and everyone helped ppl out, there were never any cool guys such as yourself who were too cool and proud to help out and read about other ppl's experience.

Richard Martin
10-10-2004, 05:47 AM
That is an awesome deal. Rich, why don't you buy it? I would be tempted to come pick it up, but I sold my last Dixie Chopper because you can't put a mulch kit on them.

My Dixie is just getting good and broken in at 1,300 hours. Since I don't plan on servicing lawns for much past 3 more years I don't have a use for another Dixie.

HOMER
10-10-2004, 10:17 AM

Old threads are where you'll find most of the learning.........unlike a lot of what's being posted these days.

Why would you even take the time to type that?

Good luck Syzer in whatever you do. Glad to see ya back.

syzer
10-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Old threads are where you'll find most of the learning.........unlike a lot of what's being posted these days.

Why would you even take the time to type that?

Good luck Syzer in whatever you do. Glad to see ya back.

Yeah I agree, there used to be so much information on this board! I haven't had much chance to really check it out now, I sure hope its the same.

Thanks Homer, so far your the only one I recognize from back when I used to post! Even with the same sig line hehe. Glad to see you still here, I hope to recognize some of the others as well. I hope all is good for you.