PDA

View Full Version : high lift , low lift... what...

PRO PROPERTY CARE
10-30-2003, 08:28 AM
ok i did a search ... still a bit confussed...
I am running the ultra vac on my lazer hp.. getting some blow out when doing leafs.... but it works ... just have to go over them a few times...
But I would still like to eliminate the blow out. Im running the stock blades, that came with the mower.... and I have a mulch kit also....
what is a low lift blade , what is a high lift blade...
stock blades are considered what?
mulch blades are considered what?
thanks
PS im running the stock blades with the ultra vac...
:dizzy:

G-father
10-30-2003, 09:18 AM
I assume your mower came with a low to medium lift blade. You can also buy a high lift blade or even an extra high lift blade. People on this site have tried many different combinations so they will give you a more definite answer.

There are two types of blades that are often called mulching blades. One type is a true mulching blade that comes with mulch baffle kits. The other type is gator blades which is similar to a standard blade except it has serrations in the lift part of the blade.

My suggestion (with little experience) is to run you standard blades for minimal blowout or doubles with gators or gators and standards for maximum reduction of leaves.

ElephantNest
10-30-2003, 10:16 AM
My dealer just told me to try the low lift mulching blades from Excalibur for less blow out on the exmark. Going to try them today.

~Nest

PRO PROPERTY CARE
10-30-2003, 10:24 AM
post a reply on here when you give them a try. Id like too find some that work a little better
thanks
mike

locutus
10-30-2003, 05:05 PM
Buy an Exmark anti-blowout baffle. It is available for your mower and will solve the problem.

mower_babe
10-31-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by ElephantNest
My dealer just told me to try the low lift mulching blades from Excalibur for less blow out on the exmark. Going to try them today.

~Nest

we were having probs cutting the stringy bluegrass, just wants to lay down this time of year, and just got some of those eXcalibers. I will have to see later how they work. Only having trouble on one condo account and we wont mow those again for a week.

Meg-Mo
10-31-2003, 09:13 AM
Try THE MEG MO blades . They have worked very well on allot of exmark. Mower babe let us know how they are working on your 60 Z.

ElephantNest
10-31-2003, 03:03 PM
Ok, just put the excalibur low lift mulching blades on. BIG difference. MUCH less blow out on the 36" TTHP. I prefer the gators other times, but for leaves I'm sticking with these for now.

~Nest

PRO PROPERTY CARE
10-31-2003, 08:38 PM
looks like its either the excalibor low lifts or baffles....
ill call and price them
thanks

mower_babe
10-31-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Meg-Mo
Try THE MEG MO blades . They have worked very well on allot of exmark. Mower babe let us know how they are working on your 60 Z.

Tell you what- the crew ran them tonight and I will let you know. I wasn't home when they got back. And I will offer my own opinion when I run them next week on that account. :)

Darryl G
11-01-2003, 01:17 AM
The wavy mulchers work pretty well with the UV with minimal blowout. I just switched to gators and get more blowout, but they shred things finer.

Premo Services
11-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by darryl gesner
The wavy mulchers work pretty well with the UV with minimal blowout. I just switched to gators and get more blowout, but they shred things finer.

Darryl
I have the lazer hp 23 kaw, and I tried the ~wavy~~~~ mulchers to dtop the blowout on my laser last season. I had hardly no blowout, but when the leaves get wet and matted down, there is no lift with the wavy mulchers from exmark.
I purchased the "FAMED" anti blowout baffle, and still had blowout. I tried the low lift blades and they left leaves when the leaves get wet and matted.

This year, I am using the gator mulchers. I was using the gators for all three blades, but I was getting some blow out, now I have tried a wavy mulcher at the discharge and two gators. Very little blowout and the bags seem to be heavier and mostly filled with dust. I have moved the wavy mulcher from discharge to the middle blade, and will try this setup. There has to be something to get little blowout and some good suction to get the matted leaves up. :mad:

PRO PROPERTY CARE
11-01-2003, 08:10 AM
I was thinking about this last night. I am going to throw the mulching blades on for monday and try them...
It seems like exmark needs to rethink the spindle size , that drives the belt for the ultra vac motor. It needs more power so it has more suction .. It needs to pull more air out of the deck perhaps.... any good fabricators out there.You should trya new spindle size...

:D

Darryl G
11-01-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Premo Services
Darryl
This year, I am using the gator mulchers. I was using the gators for all three blades, but I was getting some blow out, now I have tried a wavy mulcher at the discharge and two gators. Very little blowout and the bags seem to be heavier and mostly filled with dust.

I was going to try that too. I tried two wavy mulchers and a gator on the discharge spindle when I was switching from wavy to gator. I thought it would shred things up on the way in the vac, but it didn't work very well and it caused blow-out.

The gators are working well, but in heavy leaves on thin turf, I feel like I'm in a leaf tornado with leaves all over me and the machine.

Guess I'll order the blow-out baffle and see how much that helps.