PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Mowers?

TLS
10-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Anyone seen these. There was one at my dealers Demo Days on Monday.

Look like a nice mower for a real good price.

Here is the 32"

http://www.mowersulky.com/32wbackground.jpg

And for under $1500 its a heck of a deal for a gated area mower.

Sure beats a Sutech and its cheaper and better built.

Here is the 48"

Simple, no frills, quality built mowers.

http://www.mowersulky.com/48BRS.jpg

Sure looks a lot like the Landscapers Supply type, but this looks to be the parent company.

http://www.mowersulky.com/Bradley%20Mowers.htm

locutus
10-30-2003, 06:19 PM
TLS, you could be right. Looks like the ones offered by landscapers supply. The only thing I wonder about is that landscapers supply offers a 48" hydro. I dont recall if bradley offered a hydro. Just a thought.

TLS
10-30-2003, 06:22 PM
I know what you mean, but this....

http://www.mowersulky.com/Z52-8.jpg

Is exactly like this.....

http://www.landscapermart.com/cart/images/items/ztr.jpg

Don't you think?

locutus
10-30-2003, 06:28 PM
Case closed I'd say.

mowdini
10-30-2003, 06:56 PM
You get what you pay for--period!!!

locutus
10-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by mowdini
You get what you pay for--period!!! True, but someone wanting an entry- level mower to get them by until they could afford something else, this could be the ticket.

barnard
10-30-2003, 09:52 PM
They are made in China I'l stick to US made

Evan528
10-30-2003, 09:59 PM
Ussually I agree that you get what ou pay for. But in the case of a basic belt drive walk behind I think its an exeption. Belt drive walk behinds are very simple machine....All have the same engine....same transmission . Basically all of he vidal parts are the same ones used on the hig dollar scags and exmarks. Dont see too much to go wrong on them. I would defintly buy one for 1500 then spend 2800 for a scag! Now if we are talking ZTRs I dont go cheap because they all are quite diffrent.

edward hedrick
10-30-2003, 10:42 PM
Made in China. How many lost jobs? Ed

proenterprises
10-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Does anyone actually own one of these?

locutus
10-30-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by edward hedrick
Made in China. How many lost jobs? Ed I agree that there are other factors to consider besides it being possibly an inexpensive mower. Im for free trade with free nations, of which,China is not. I'm certain I've purchased a lot of stuff from china without even knowing it. It would be a full time job to try avoiding making such purchases.

wriken
10-30-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by TLS
I know what you mean, but this....

http://www.mowersulky.com/Z52-8.jpg

Is exactly like this.....

http://www.landscapermart.com/cart/images/items/ztr.jpg

Don't you think?

whats that bottom one a scag LOL, just joking:)

Mowingman
10-30-2003, 11:24 PM
There was another thread on this several months ago. I can not remember the name of the parent company, but they make other lawn equipment also. I actually e-mailed them to see if they made the Landscaper Supply mowers, and they said they do not make those. I think they just copied them for the most part. They were very prompt with their reply and provided a lot of info about who they are. I have slept since then and can not remember all the details.:D

TLS
10-30-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by barnard
They are made in China I'l stick to US made

Are they? I was trying to figure out where they were manufactured. So, its China for SURE? Or China, you think? Not doubting you, just questioning your source. Not that they'd advertise that, if they were, but you'd think I would have heard that before about them, being as Landscapers Supply has been selling them for 4 years now.

Looked well built, and cheap (like simple mowers SHOULD BE!). I can see spending $3-5K on a QUALITY name brand FIRST STRING mower, but for a cheap pool gate mower, they sure beat the Sutech which IS made in CHINA. You aren't confusing Bradley with Sutech, are you?

The Lawn Boy Pro
10-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by mowdini
You get what you pay for--period!!! I dont know if thats true for me, I've been gettin some pretty hot deals lately!:D I'm starting to think I get a LOT more than I pay for! Heck, I'm to the point where I feel I should pay the guy more just for all the deals hes gettin me!

nor'easter1
10-31-2003, 06:07 AM
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

David Haggerty
10-31-2003, 06:36 AM
That's my old "Byers Gold" mower! Mine is the 36" model. Everything's the same except for the knobs that fasten down the hood. The rear ones on mine are on the top not the sides.

It's got more grease fittings than you'd normally find on the linkages. Over sized idler pulleys etc. Pretty well built. I've had mine for 8 or 9 years. Still works OK. But I mostly just use mine for ditches or little lawns by the front door or something else small.

It's OK except for the square deck. I cut the left front corner off of mine and rounded it to make it trim without gouging or getting caught on things like fence posts.
Scag belts fit it. Double blades work best.

I actually met Stan Byers at an expo in Louisville one year. He'd just started his company. He said he had been an engineer at Bunton. Left them to start his own company.
I think he sold the company since then.

Dave

PS: It looks better red/white than the original green/gold.

SWD
10-31-2003, 07:50 AM
David Haggerty is correct about the manufacturer of these machines. Landscaper Supply bought the Byer plant whom in turn had acquired it from Bunton. There used to be an antiquated manufacturing plant in Louisville Ky that was updated by LAndscaper Supply.
So, these machines aren't made in China.
Provided you can find a dealer that will work with Landscaper Supply, these machines provide a good, affordable, entry level ZTR for less money.
I have never demo'd or operated one, however, I know of at least one LCO running them. According to his mechanic, to whom I spoke, these machines cut well and hold up to the usual abuses.
This is the extent of my knowledge on Landscaper Supply mowers.

Mowingman
10-31-2003, 08:08 AM
Check out www.mowersulky.com These mowers are built overseas, not in the USA. I have talked, via e-mail, to their sales manager. Their US distributor is Havener Enterprises, who makes something called the Mower Sulky.:D

barnard
10-31-2003, 10:00 AM
TLS go to www.mowersulky.com and click on the factory and you tell me.

TLS
10-31-2003, 10:08 AM
barnard,

I don't SEE a "FACTORY" link anywhere on their website. Only address I see is... Postal address 368 S. Michigan Ave * Bradley, IL 60915

Not doubting anyone here, but we have a few saying they're built in the USA, and a few saying that they're built in CHINA. I really don't care, as I'm not buying one.

But both sides are stating based on speculation.

Nor'easter,

You have a BRADLEY, correct? And it DEFINATELY is made in CHINA then? I think they HAVE to state that somewhere on the product, no?

I don't mean to confuse anyone.

barnard
10-31-2003, 01:39 PM
I should have been more specific. go to www.mowersulky.com then click on products, then click on bradley mowers, then click on factory tour. This should do it.

barnard
10-31-2003, 01:43 PM
And no, As I stated inprevious post, I'll stick with American products. I have a mixture . Encore,Ferris, Yazoo/Kees.

barnard
10-31-2003, 03:37 PM
Heres the factory. www.mowersulky.com/factory_tour.htm

DBGroup
10-31-2003, 05:48 PM
Hello I am the national sales manager for Havener Enterprises Inc. It seems that many people have many question about the Bradley Mowers. We will be displaying at the GIE show so please stop by and I will be more than happy to answer any questions that anybody has. If you need immediate attention please feel free to e-mail me at dbynum@db-group.net.

David M. Bynum

barnard
10-31-2003, 10:12 PM
I wonder why DBGroup didn't just state where their product was made?

David Haggerty
11-01-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by barnard
I wonder why DBGroup didn't just state where their product was made?

He might not even know for sure. You got to know the right percentage of parts made in the US to declare it "Made in America".
I'll bet you can open any mower and find Chinese bearings.

The last time I "bought American" was a brand new 1985 Chevy Chevette instead of a Honda. Do you all know what a piece of crap the Chevette was? If I'd bought a Honda one of the kids would still be driving it.
Nowadays Chevy's are made in Mexico and my daughter makes parts for Honda.

By the time I get it all figured out, it'll all change again. In 2009 they'll have the three gorges dam completed on the Yangtze river in China. They say it will open the "highly industrialized" central China to world trade with seaports in central China.
When it comes to Chinese goods they say we ain't seen nothing yet!

I just buy the best product I can at the best price. I ain't saying I'm un-American. I just havn't got it all figured out.
When it comes to the Mexicans, Chinese, ect. What I hear from the politicians is either feed 'em or fight 'em. Wars are fought between the haves and the have-nots.

Dave

PS: "Chevette" isn't in the spell check! Everybody must be trying to forget about it.:D

boddie6657
05-20-2004, 08:31 PM
I own a 36 belt drive bradley. No problems at all. Good for the $