PDA

View Full Version : First commercial quote

Bama_66
10-30-2003, 05:18 PM
I am trying to get my first commercial quote together and was wondering if anyone had some advice for me.
This is located on my way home from work, so I can drag my equipment with me to work. (Yes, I have a full time job as well.):(
I am not sure haw to do this. Should I draw up a contract as well as the quote? Or include them both together?
The job I am guessing would take me around one hour. It is a small strip shop (four to five units).
If I left anything out let me know.

Thank you for any input.

AztlanLC
10-30-2003, 07:02 PM
We always give contracts as bids or quotes for commercial places, jusr remember to put everythig in writing, specially about payment, usually they are real late.
Most places around my area require you to have a minimum $1,000,000 insurance policy and the state requires you to have insurance no matter how many lawns you mow.

justmjc
10-30-2003, 07:28 PM
I type out a letter explaining about my company and the services I provide. In the letter I explain that we provide a 1 million dollar ins. certificate to our clients. I also provide another sheet that breaks down the cost of maintanence and all the add on services by price. Lastly, I include 2 copies of the contract agreement for their review. I ONLY print on resume paper and dress up when I hand deliver my proposal. Remember, you are interviewing for this as you would a job. So long as your price is in range, your professionalism will set you apart. Try this instead of the typical flyer sent in the mail. I would think that would go right into the trash.
Make an impression and show them you actually have an interest in their facility. Now, how many companies actually advertise like that vs the many that don't?

I've landed 1 apartment last week and I've been invited to place a proposal on another this week. I have another complex that says they will take my bid in about 35 days. See, these managers are absolutly thinking ahead. Not all of them, but a good number are. Make your calls and ask if they are accepting bids for the 2004 lawn maintanence season. Then do your thing. Find these places before spring and advertise to them that if they sign before spring, they get 5% off. Little competition now, unlike in the spring.

Mo money, mo money, mo money!

Good luck.

sildoc
10-31-2003, 11:47 AM
justmjc
Hit it on the nose. Pay attention to detail and you will shine. If you take the time to send a very well thought out letter on nice paper you will stand out above the rest.
Before I decided to get out of the Navy i went to a week long class that taught you (or gave you ideas) to put yourself above the rest. Make sure the name embosed on the resume paper is all the same way and such little items as that. It will increase what you are worth in the eye of the people that are looking for QUALITY.
Good luck and know that commercial is NO different than residential. They all put there pants on one leg at a time.