PDA

View Full Version : grass gobbler

B&B LAWN
10-30-2003, 06:29 PM
i just purchased a grass gobbler for my 44" toro w/b with sfs deck. it will be in next week and i was just wondering how long the installation should take and how many of you own one of these and are you pleased with the results

locutus
10-30-2003, 07:46 PM
I wish you had purchased an accelerator catcher, then we could talk.

Turfdude
10-30-2003, 07:50 PM
All of my w/b's & standers have gobblers. It takes less than 15 mins to mount the bracket as long as you have a good drill & bits. Just make sure you mount the bracket properly so the catcher sits properly and you'll avoid blowout by the catcher and/or potential tire rubbing problems. These units hold up well when taken care of. AN inexperienced operator smashing the catchers into trees, buildings, etc. will take its toll. The thin metal is tough to weld - it usually burns through. ALl and all they're decent - just need to take care of them.

lawnkid
10-30-2003, 08:34 PM
I have one on a mower. It packs well and it's tougher than the aluminum ones so I like it. I use it though and not some employees who would probably tear it up in a week.

B&B LAWN
10-31-2003, 01:33 AM
turfdude,
about how heavy is the catcher and are there detailed instructions about mounting the bracket and can you give me any pointers

G-father
10-31-2003, 09:15 PM
When I mounted mine on my scag 48 I just made sure the leading edge of the gg and the deck were even. Then I made sure the bracket was far enough in from the edge of the deck that the gg was in contact with the deck from top to bottom (looking from the front).