PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Pickup w/ plow for $1500?

The Lawn Boy Pro
10-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Chevy 2500 4x4, 45,000 miles, Silver (no rust) exterior, inside a little bangged up, 8' Box, V8 GAS, New tranny at 43,000 miles, 8' Blizzard plow. Yes, its from Randy across the street :D

All for $1500

What cha all think? things to look out for?

Ryan Lightning
10-30-2003, 08:35 PM
What year?
What size V-8?
Does the spedo stop at 99,999? If yes Im sure its turned over at least once.
Sounds like a great deal!

The Lawn Boy Pro
10-30-2003, 08:42 PM
its a 1999, I dont know what the meter goes to. I do know it was used for one (1) appartment complex. It didnt do anything but plow snow. Never drove anywhere but to fill up on gas. Thats it.

bommaritro
10-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Jeez LBP... You need to give me this guys number so I can get in on some of these deals....

What year are we talking here?

I would say the truck alone should be worth $1500 especially with the new tranny.

The plow if all the pumps work is gravy.

Isn't the truck bigger than what you are driving around now? It could make a good leaf truck too if you pick it up soon.

Ron

AztlanLC
10-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Don't buy it, stay off he's ripping you off.
Give me his number and name to call the cops on him.

The Lawn Boy Pro
10-30-2003, 08:53 PM
I dont know what size V8. Lemmie go across the street and ask him. Be back in a few;)

The Lawn Boy Pro
10-30-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by AztlanLC
Don't buy it, stay off he's ripping you off.
Give me his number and name to call the cops on him.

No, you dont understand. I WENT ot his work, and watched what he does 9 days ago. Its perfectly legal. They get new equipment ALL the time. And I mean ALL the time. They buy Bobcat and Bunton ZTRs in quantities of 250 EVERY other year!!!! No joke, this guy is the head maintenance guy of a MULTI-MILLION dollar appartment biz from Michigan to Kentucky. Believe me, I know perfectly well that he isnt stealing this stuff. Since hes an employee, the sell it cheaper than dirt so they can make room for new stuff.

The Lawn Boy Pro
10-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by bommaritro
...Isn't the truck bigger than what you are driving around now? It could make a good leaf truck too if you pick it up soon.

Ron
The PLOW is worth at LEAST that much! Ya, its a little beat up, but I mean, hey, Thats what it does, plows snow, and It works.

Yes, its MUCH bigger than what I'm driving now, its a 3/4 ton, mines just under 1/2 ton. And, I was looking for a bigger truck for a leaf box too!

proenterprises
10-30-2003, 09:12 PM
LBP-is this an s10?

Why dont you post a pic and have us take a look, if its only been a lot plow truck...it must be ok. Any rust?

POST A PIC PLEASE:cool:

The Lawn Boy Pro
10-30-2003, 09:16 PM
I will post a pic as soon as he brings it home. He works an hr. away from here, so hes gotta get someone to drive his truck home or something too. I dono if its an S-10 or not, just know its a 2500 w/ a bench seat, and no rust on outside.

Evan528
10-30-2003, 09:23 PM
Something sounds a little fishy here. That truck new with the plow is probly about $25,000. Why in the world would he sell a 4 year old truck for $1500? Around here that truck would still be worth $12,000 easily.:dizzy:

lawnkid
10-30-2003, 09:26 PM
Ok you're killing us here. I am actually looking for a truck right now. Do they have any fords or heck anything else for that price. 99's like that would sell for at least $15,000 used. I;d be willing to drive to where you are to save thousands of dollars. I'll e-mail you. Thanks.

proenterprises
10-30-2003, 09:33 PM
OK..lemme jump in here (and lbp correct me if im going wrong here).

I dont think their is anything fishy about the deal. Nor about any of the deals hes been getting or will get in the future. He told you about the biz he is in and why he always has the gear. Sounds legit to me. If hes working for a multi million dollar company.. they are bound to have this stuff break down and turned over.

Think about it this way. If youre runnign a multi-million dollar company and youve got a blower that dosent start. What would you do...wait a week for a small engine shop to put a new carb in a blower thats prob 350.00 retail? HECK NO. Go out and get a new one...turn the old one over. This guy is getting it for free...Thus, he can sell it for peanuts. !

The fact of the matter is LBP is VERY VERY VERY VERY Lucky on how he makes out. Heck, I would kill for half the deals hes getting here.

But All in All. I dont think its a scam or stolen gear.

proenterprises
10-30-2003, 09:35 PM
Also... Its not an S10. (since its a 2500) so your making out even better than i thought.

The Lawn Boy Pro
10-30-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by LandscapeEscape88

Think about it this way. If youre runnign a multi-million dollar company and youve got a blower that dosent start. What would you do...wait a week for a small engine shop to put a new carb in a blower thats prob 350.00 retail? HECK NO. Go out and get a new one...turn the old one over. This guy is getting it for free...Thus, he can sell it for peanuts. !...

Exactly my point! Also think of this- If Bill Gates dropped a $100 dollar bill, should he pick it up? Sure he could, but by the time he bent over, He would have already made 100's of times that $100 bills value. Get the picture?;)

lawnman_scott
10-30-2003, 10:05 PM
I see some of us never worked for a big company. So it goes 11,000 miles a year plowing snow?

Runner
10-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Lawn Boy Pro,
If you are perhaps going to pass it up, would you please pass on the info to me, as I may be interested in it. I would sure appreciate it. Oh, incidentally, when AztlanLT said. "Don't buy it, stay off he's ripping you off.
Give me his number and name to call the cops on him." He was just joking with you.;)

The Lawn Boy Pro
10-30-2003, 11:17 PM
I kinda wondered if he was, becasue there were no smilies-so I just had to make things clear-JUST IN CASE;)

AztlanLC
11-02-2003, 12:35 PM
thanks runner

The Lawn Boy Pro
11-06-2003, 03:10 PM
Well, Looks like I'm gonna get it in just a few days:D