PDA

View Full Version : ZTR Attachments

CaptainAmerica
10-30-2003, 11:25 PM
I'm interested in finding some info or better yet, examples of edgers and trimmers that are mounted to the frame of a ZTR.
Preferably powered by a seperate engine and mounted by receiver hitch, I think would be practical. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

m&m
10-30-2003, 11:26 PM
lol.......would you be getting efficient or lazy? just kiddin, dont know of anything like that if i am understanding you right way

NCSULandscaper
10-30-2003, 11:44 PM
I know they make a trimmer mounted to a ztr but not an edger. Do a search, i saw that thread a few months back.

Tider6972
10-31-2003, 12:15 AM
I believe both Hustler and Walker offer edger attachments.

Team Gopher
10-31-2003, 08:53 AM
Hi CaptainAmerica,

Here is a product image for you. Click image for link.

http://www.lawnvac.com/P7170012.jpg (http://www.lawnvac.com/z-trimmer.htm)

BIGWIV
10-31-2003, 09:06 AM
The hustler does. Go to the hustler link above and click on it then click on the 3000 series or 4000 series they both offer it.

Runner
10-31-2003, 10:42 AM
And just HOW easy would it be to carve out of the edge, sideways, mind you, into the turf? Also, let's see. Here's the end of the walk where it meets the drive. Oh, hold on, I have to lift the edger, turn my mower around, line it all up, back up again, and NOW I'm ready to edge again. Face it. This is NOT efficiency. It's different, - but that's how gimmicks are. Hey, I have a good idea....how about a string trimmer on wheels, so now are you not only not able to cut tapers and angles, but you also have to push it all the way around something to trim. I realize that 'ol Fred Murphy down the road bought one, because he thought it was just the answer when he saw the DR commercial, (we all know the one - with the wife running along the weedline:rolleyes: with it as the 'ol man is smiling on his John Deere) but then again, Mr. Murphy ALSO has his high powered electric leaf blower to reach out to the end of his driveway and stands there for ten times the amount of time it would take to hit them with one swath of a rake to move them. Bottom line is, some things pass up practicality on the way to the invention file.

Moguy
10-31-2003, 02:14 PM
Very good points Runner, efficiency is the key but, maybe his situation would require that setup, IE disability. I looked into that setup myself a while back but, learned to "clean up" the edge while sitting on my ztr. That is, after the edge was made with a walk behind edger or the wheel type.

Pecker
10-31-2003, 09:29 PM
The edger attachment might be practical for large commercial properties or one with a mile of edging and no corners, etc.

CaptainAmerica
11-01-2003, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the info. I've been searching for months. This should do the trick, and it is for a commercial job that I'm trying to get, about 2 miles of edging.