PDA

View Full Version : Robin/Subaru engines???

NfdBrian
11-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Hi fellas,
I just picked up a Billy Goat walk behind blower. It has the 9hp Robin/Subaru motor on it. It was $150 more than the 10hp B&S and $200 cheaper than the Honda. I hope I made the right decision. They dealer told me it was a better motor than the B&S, but more comparable to the Honda. I know I have seen quite a few commercial products with this motor. Just want to see some opinions on people who have owned them or used them!!

Thanks,

Brian

SWD
11-03-2003, 07:10 AM
The robin/subaru motor is excellent. The dealer is correct about his assessment. At one point, I was maintaining over fifty small motors at a golf course I ran - about eight of these motors were the robin/subaru. The majority of the rest were kohlers with just a couple of hondas thrown in.
The robins seemed to me to be easier to start, power curve was more flat, although fuel usage was comparable to the rest. I like the robin design better than the honda.

NfdBrian
11-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Thanks SWD,
I was scoping the new Robin engines online and they seem to built very well. I have never owned one before but it is just as nice as the Honda. It is very quiet like the Honda also. Thanks again for your input:D .

Brian