PDA

View Full Version : Billing software???

NfdBrian
11-01-2003, 08:25 PM
Hi guys,
I was just wondering what software you guys use for billing and proposals? I just downloaded a demo version of Groundskeeper Pro. I have been using Microsoft Excel for invoices but want something a little more in depth. I know there are a thousand different programs, but I want something simple and inexpensive. It is only myself and my brother right now, so no need for payroll at this point in time. It is only a part time venture right now but we are hoping to expand it next year. Thanks again for your time.

Brian

Team Gopher
11-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Hi NfdBrian,

If you get a chance, you can download our software and try it out! :)

newleaflandscape
11-02-2003, 11:13 PM
I use quickbooks pro. Handy for because I also have the pocket pc version of quickbooks for my pocket pc. I also have a printer for that pocket pc. Its handy because I can create bills or estimates or anything like that on the job if I want and hand it to the customer and all I have to do is plug the pocket pc in the main computer and synchronizes everything. I never have customers waiting for estimates. Plus it looks real professional. I got into quickbooks because my accountant talked me into it. I paid him three hundred bucks and that bought me the software and he set it up for me idiot proof. Then I bought the pocket pc version for like 125 i think. Best investments I ever made.

Keith Howells
11-03-2003, 08:30 PM
Quickbooks Pro. Not cheap and there is a learning curve to it. However it seems to be one of the standards and it will carry your business to the $1mm level.

I do own Groundskeeper Pro but I don't use it now. It was fairly elementary and it doesn't do a good job of interfacing with the money. In other words, you can't run your checkbook on it and pay quarterly taxes etc. It may be good if you have a route type business, but I don't so I can't comment on that.

I have heard good things about Peachtree. Apparently, a number of guys here in Georgia use it. Supposedly easier than Quickbooks. Never looked into it though.

Keith Howells
11-03-2003, 08:47 PM
One thought. You might look on E-Bay for Quickbooks or any of them for that matter. They have some good deals on software especially if you shop for a version that may not be the most current.

Cheesedawg1
11-05-2003, 05:51 PM
What about Team Gophers program? LOL How is that guys?

Equipguy
11-05-2003, 07:03 PM
Quicken is a good place to start and has a low cost as well. It will work fine until you need something more.

BSDeality
11-06-2003, 01:13 AM
add a vote for gopher. its awesome. if they'd just get the palm module released, it'd be perfect.