PDA

View Full Version : No Lift Sand Blades???

GrassBustersLawn
11-01-2003, 11:08 PM
Anyone using these? I went to Louisville EXPO and saw them in a catalog. Thought I try running them "doubled" with GATORS on the bottom. Anyone used these before? :confused:

Mike

Ricky
11-04-2003, 12:16 AM
I have used the same combo that you are talking about. They work great on leaves. Chops the leaves up better without discharging to fast. I don't like the looks of the grass as well but I think they work better than double Gators or even better than triple blades (dbl. Gators with the sand blade) for mulching. :)

pinnacle
11-04-2003, 04:21 AM
Sorry............????

Do these "No lift sand blades" have no lift at all ???

I.E completly flat.

Thanks!

kmglacey
11-04-2003, 05:42 AM
I have never seen these blades, but would be interested in hearing where you saw them, as I work near the Gulf, and the sand here will chew up a set of blades pretty quick.

TRex
11-04-2003, 08:57 AM
pinnacle, Yes these blades are copletely flat and also have all 4 edges sharpened. I saw them in my dealers book when we were looking at some other blades. It clear said no lift and 4 sharpened edges in the book

GrassBustersLawn
11-04-2003, 09:09 AM
Yes - they are "flat sand blades" with NO LIFT. They are totally straight with 4 corners sharpened. Haven't used them yet as I put double gators on yesterday, which worked OK, but was getting alot of blow-out. Got my set for 48" Lazer HP from GREENLINE catalog. 1-800-356-0171 or greenlinedist.com. They are about $10.50 each plus S&H. Ad says when one side gets dull, just turn them over and go again. I like that thought!

Mike