PDA

View Full Version : Fire Extinguishers

GLS
11-01-2003, 11:35 PM
How many of you carry a fire extinguisher on you truck, trailer, and/or mower?

If so, what kind? I think I am going to get a couple of automotive extinguishers from wal-mart for like $10/each. One for truck, one for trailer. Hopefully I never have to use it.

HarryD
11-02-2003, 12:19 AM
Well in my state if you are pulling a tandem axle trailer and your combined weight is over 10K you must be DOT legal so a fire extinguisher is required. So yes I have one in the truck and plan on putting on on the trailer next year

Navig8r
11-02-2003, 08:23 AM
Here's mine..... Some have suggested that heat in this are may be a problem, but I've found that because it is above the cooling air intake, this are stays pretty cool........ no drilling to install, just bent a piece of aluminum flat stock to the same angles as the seat back, and used factory bolts on seat to install..... and polished the bracket! (shiny :D )
This was the only good place I could find to mount it that it wouldnt be in the way while operating the machine...... only other option involved removing the cup holder....... NOPE !!!!

I also keep 2 in the truck.

DUSTYCEDAR
11-02-2003, 09:02 AM
have them everywhere had a fire in a truck once next day spent 500 bucks on new fire extinguishers best money u can spend

J.Gordon
11-02-2003, 10:44 AM
I have several of them. You never know it may save your equipment or even a life.

Runner
11-02-2003, 11:42 PM
One in truck, one in trailer, but I could sure use more. Having one on the machines is nothing short of smart thinking.

BRL
11-03-2003, 12:16 AM
Can't have too many. Its amazing how quickly they can empty out when you get a good one cooking. Had a truck go up once and we blew through 5 extinguishers and she still kept burning. Luckily it was during a blizzard & there was about 20" of snow on the ground, so we were able to shovel tons of snow onto & into the Blazer to keep it from getting too out of hand, or exploding before the FD could get there. Of course, if it hadn't been snowing, it wouldn't have been running to keep warm & the heater fan wouldn't have over heated & ignited while I had taken a little plowing break LOL. Anyway, having extinguishers = good idea!!