PDA

View Full Version : New toy.... I mean TOOL.

Navig8r
11-02-2003, 08:44 AM
Got a new blower yesterday........ ECHO 750-t
Really runs nice..... wanted another redmax, but was able to get a better deal on the ECHO. Went with the tube throttle, as my Redmax has the hip throttle, That way I can use the one I like, helper gets the other one!

Maybe now I can personally answer the REDMAX vs. ECHO debate.:confused:

LB Landscaping
11-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Congrats on the new toy, um, I mean tool!!!! I am very curious on how the two will perform. I'm looking at the same two blowers and have heard good things about both.

locutus
11-02-2003, 10:04 AM
I bought the Redmax 7001eb rh a couple of weeks ago . I had it narrowed down to the same two blowers. My situation was the opposite, I got a better deal on the Redmax. I am be interested in your opinion on both blowers. Looking forward to the update.

b & t lawn care
11-02-2003, 11:26 AM
We also use the Echo blowers. Currently we have a Echo 650 hip throttle & a 750 tube throttle. The 650 was in the shop & during fall clean-up needed another blower so purchased a Efco 162. We were told by the dealer that this blower is supposed to have the largest amount of CFM of any of the blowers out there. Well.....in our opinions.....NOT!!!! It did perform a lil better with shortening part of the tube. One possitive thing about it tho is it's housing is made out of plastic and is very light weight. After a 8 hour day using it, your shoulders and back isn't half as sore as when using the echo's. It also breathes thru the back cushion so your back doesn't get as sweaty, & cost was $459.00 which is a lil cheaper than both Echo's but all in all, the Echo's win our approveal. During fall clean-ups, I ran all three and keep going back to the Echo 650!! I feel it gives the best blowing capability, even over the 750. I do like the 750's manuverability of the elbow flexibility over the 650's. As for where the throttle is located, both have their advantages & disadvantages. The 650 is lighter in weight but the 750 has a larger air filter. Echo's are great machines.