PDA

View Full Version : Get on the stick with mulching

Doc Pete
11-02-2003, 04:04 PM
Ive only been about 3 weeks into mulching leaves for the first time ever. As with anything else though, Ive gone off the deep end trying to make things more efficient.
First off, a rider with spindle driven blower is the way to do for collecting the leaves. Ive been mulching the leaves first, and then bagging and Ive been compacting about 5 to 1 over just bagging. What you do afterwards is another topic.
OK, so is it me or would a super high powered rider, running double or triple gator magnums with a spindle driven blower with a second mulching blade on the blower behind the first one, be to die for??? I ask you.
Ive been able to compact the leaves down so far between mulching first and the spindle bagging, that I know I could get away with depositing the leftover stuff from a complete lawn it 3 or 4 homeowner leaf bags. In fact, I've been doing 1/2 acre properties and ending up with just one 45 gallon garbage can.
Thoughts????????????
Pete

locutus
11-02-2003, 05:49 PM
If I had a lot of leaf cleanups, this would sound like a killer setup. With the few regular leaf cleanups that I have, I am doing rather well with gator highlifts and an accelerator catcher. The best I can tell I'm getting about a 4 or 5 to 1 ratio. Still a heck of a lot better than blowing and tarping IMO.