PDA

View Full Version : talk about cheapskates

bobbygedd
11-02-2003, 07:11 PM
funny thing i saw the other day. i took my two kids to mcdonalds for breakfast. we were sitting there eating, and who walks in? one of my customers. he didnt see me. the guy asks for all kinds of stuff done, and never bats an eyelash when i give him a price. he walks in, orders a small coffee , and tells the girl to put it in a bag. he walks over to the area where they have the creamers, salt, pepper, condiments, and proceeds to fill the bag, and his pockets with as much as he can get in . he walked out of there about 20 lbs heavier than when he came in. i know this guy has plenty of money, cant imagine why he would do this

crazyscaper
11-02-2003, 07:21 PM
Ha Ha

1MajorTom
11-02-2003, 07:32 PM
He has to do these types of things just so he can afford your monthly bill. ;)

locutus
11-02-2003, 07:34 PM
Some people feel a sense of entitlement when it comes to condiments I quess. I suppose it's kind of like taking the occational ink pen home from the office. It doesn't feel like you're stealing, but you really are. Bobby, did you happen to think that he may need all the sugar, salt and ketchup he can get his hands on to offset your bill?:D :D

lawnman_scott
11-02-2003, 07:59 PM
Is he related to the stamp lady?

the scaper
11-02-2003, 08:18 PM
i cant imagine why anyone would put a cup of coffee in a bag.

Frank2
11-02-2003, 08:18 PM
maybe he was loading up on some tailgating supplies for the battle of the losers today at Giants Stadium.

locutus
11-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Frank2
maybe he was loading up on some tailgating supplies for the battle of the losers today at Giants Stadium. Easy there tough guy!:D :D :D

rodfather
11-02-2003, 09:22 PM
maybe he was loading up on some tailgating supplies for the battle of the losers today at Giants Stadium.

And your favorite team is who??? Giants won in OT, Jets look better than they show, NE Pats (god I feel sorry for them) and Buffalo ( they haven't done squat in yearssince Kelly retired and Bruce Smith was traded)...LOL

Are there teams in NH or ME btw that I don't know of??? You are really from the NE right???

pottstim
11-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Sounds sort of like this guy I know that is loaded. He is a plant manager. This fella reuses zip lock bags. He buys burgers by the dozen when they are on sale at Hardee's. The burgers that he doesn't eat right away, he freezes them and consumes them another day. Some of the shirts he wears have holes in the sleeves and his elbows are showing. :dizzy:

EagleLandscape
11-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Haha, it's people like that- that make smart /thrifty decisions- and we wonder why they have alot of money.
Use me vs. my friends as an examples. They're total spenders, and me- I see a penny on he ground, and I'll pick it up and put it in my pocket and then place it in my change jar back at the house. I get about 300-400 bucks of change a year. Its great!

People don't get wealthy by being irresponsible with their money.

the scaper
11-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by jwingfield2k
Haha, it's people like that- that make smart /thrifty decisions- and we wonder why they have alot of money.
Use me vs. my friends as an examples. They're total spenders, and me- I see a penny on he ground, and I'll pick it up and put it in my pocket and then place it in my change jar back at the house. I get about 300-400 bucks of change a year. Its great!

People don't get wealthy by being irresponsible with their money. they dont get wealthy off of 300-400 bucks either....and you just bent over 300-400 times for it.:D

the scaper
11-02-2003, 10:23 PM
pardon my math.... you bent over 30-40 thousand times:D

BRL
11-03-2003, 01:23 AM
And then he's gonna have to spend $3,200.00 in doctor's bills to get his back checked out & fixed. Worth every penny! ;) :)

jeffex
11-03-2003, 07:32 AM
What do you think he is going to pay YOU with!

Frank2
11-03-2003, 08:58 PM
Rodfather.....take it easy man. Just trying to throw a little humor into a post. I'm from New Jersey and favorite team is the Giants, but I don't think I would put $$ on the Giants w/ a 30 point lead against Rutgers in the fourth quarter this year.

dvmcmrhp52
11-03-2003, 09:11 PM
So bobby,You still wondering why he has money?

rodfather
11-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Rodfather.....take it easy man. Just trying to throw a little humor into a post. I'm from New Jersey and favorite team is the Giants, but I don't think I would put $$ on the Giants w/ a 30 point lead against Rutgers in the fourth quarter this year.

hmmm...ya got a point there...LOL

the scaper
11-03-2003, 11:27 PM
topic please:rolleyes: :)

bobbygedd
11-04-2003, 01:32 AM
the topic is cheapskates

Darryl G
11-04-2003, 02:51 AM
I have to admit that my mother stocked up on condiments too...creamers, syrup, sugar and jelly mostly, but she never was bold enough to ask for a bag. She just stuffed them in her purse.

This reminds me of a friend of mine who finished off a jar of jelly that was on the table at a diner. We were backpacking and pretty darn hungry. While waiting for our order, my friend Jerry just starts eating the jelly out of the jar until it's all gone. He's clicking the spoon all around trying to get every last bit of it when the waitress comes over, looks at him and says "are you finished?" in a really sarcastic tone. He looks at the jar then back at her and says "yeah, could you get me another jar?". I damn near p'd my pants I started laughing so hard. It was a classic. After that Jerry filled up on people's leftover toast (the waitress didn't bring another jelly jar).