PDA

View Full Version : Another Leaf Set-up...

Heron Cove PM
11-02-2003, 07:28 PM
I know you guys (sorry Mower Babe) and girls like pictures. So here is my reconditioned TrackVac truck loader and rig...

Heron Cove PM
11-02-2003, 07:29 PM
Before...

Heron Cove PM
11-02-2003, 07:31 PM
After...

Heron Cove PM
11-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Next...

Heron Cove PM
11-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Boy 90 seconds is a LONG time...

Heron Cove PM
11-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Well Crap # 4 wrong pic...

gogetter
11-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Heron, thanks for sharing the pics. What size engine on that trac-vac? Was that a true "truck loader" or was it the type for a mower originally?
What size hoses on it?

Heron Cove PM
11-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by gogetter
Heron, thanks for sharing the pics...

No Problem.

...What size engine on that trac-vac?...

8 Briggs

...Was that a true "truck loader" or was it the type for a mower originally?...

Not sure; a friend of mine gave it to me and he got everything but the hitch at auction.

...What size hoses on it?

8 Inch.

proenterprises
11-02-2003, 11:06 PM
Heron-Nice renovation job on the trac vac..looks new:D

Heron Cove PM
11-03-2003, 11:31 AM
The dump...

Heron Cove PM
11-03-2003, 11:34 AM
I would like to thank everyone for the help and ideas. The site was instrumental in the set up. See, someone is paying attention.;)

Another...

gogetter
11-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Heron, in the last 2 pics of it dumping, where'd the loader go? Do you have to remove it to dump?

Man, I'm going nuts seeing all these pics of dump trucks and inserts and loaders.
Definately the way to go for leaves. Maybe next year :(

Heron Cove PM
11-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Heron, in the last 2 pics of it dumping, where'd the loader go? Do you have to remove it to dump?...

Yes, the loader is mounted to a flat trailer receiver plate. The whole thing slides in my trailer hitch. It takes me about 1 minute to take the loader off and put it on.

Heron Cove PM
11-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Here you go...

gogetter
11-03-2003, 09:31 PM
My bad, I should have seen that in your earlier photo. I see it even has a handle attached. Nice.

Next question. Most loaders have a metal exhaust tube. Yours is just hose. Has this been any problem at all so far? Any problems with the angle where it meets the box?

Heron Cove PM
11-03-2003, 10:09 PM
...Next question. Most loaders have a metal exhaust tube. Yours is just hose. Has this been any problem at all so far? Any problems with the angle where it meets the box?

This is an old TracVac, as I have said I'm not to sure if it was a truck loader or not. It could very well have been one that mounted on a garden tractor. So there is no metal tube. As far as it working, well we had a shorter tube on it when it was on my friends truck and never had any problems. I tried to leave enough slack in the tube so if I needed to put a brace under it to change the angle I could (hard to tell in the pics). I picked up a full load with it the other day and it worked great. I would love to get a new 16 horse loader and even had a quote for an all aluminum box $2750.00 + $2500.00 for a loader. I might have all of $500.00 dollars in this Set up. I think I can deal with any minor problems out of it for a while. The only other thing I may do is get or fabricate a swing away mount for it. Need to make some money with it right now.

Green in Idaho
11-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Excellent. I especially like the point that you took the time and effort to match color with your business image. Looks good!

Notably the other front mounted ones allow a rig to tow the trailer too at the same time.

I'll guess you unload, then drop your trailer on site and then insert the hitch to vac.

Heron Cove PM
11-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Green in Idaho
Excellent. I especially like the point that you took the time and effort to match color with your business image. Looks good!...

Thanks, I really like a uniform look. The pictures don't depict the right shade of green for some reason.:confused:

...Notably the other front mounted ones allow a rig to tow the trailer too at the same time...

I just got my plow put on on Friday and I wasn't sure how to approach it with out that. Also I'm not to sure that the 8 horse Briggs would push the leaves that high and far. But yes, you are right I do like the front mount set-ups.

...I'll guess you unload, then drop your trailer on site and then insert the hitch to vac.

Right now I'm still pretty much mulching up leaves on most of my lawns. I am using this to do just pic-ups right now. A lot of people get them to the street and then fight the brown lawn bags. So I have a small niche in the market because there are areas that don't have curb side pic-up. When I need to take my walkbehind blowers and such with me, I have a guy who works for me and he can pull that equipment with his truck.

mike9497
11-04-2003, 12:22 AM
you should mount the loader in your trailer like this

gogetter
11-04-2003, 03:01 AM
Heron, as Mike said, you could mount it to the front of your trailer (on a platform, or even on the tongue). This would just save you from having to travel around with two vehicles.

Also, if you don't mind saying what you charge for just curbside pick up, I know others here would be interested, myself included.

I have an ad running for leaf clean ups right now, and have been getting asked for this service. I was figuring in the $40-60 range. Most of the lawns in the area are around 6-12Ksq.ft. Most with a good amount of leaves. I figure I could get 2 lawns worth in one load (box on 8' pick up bed). Wouldn't take more then an hour to suck up leaves from 2 lawns and another half hour to an hour to drive to recycle center and unload them.

Only problem is, I don't have a loader YET! I'm scrambling to find a used one!

Heron Cove PM
11-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by mike9497
you should mount the loader in your trailer like this

That would be a little hard to do :dizzy: LOL...

and before I get asked 26'...
"YES" I do need all that...
A lot O Junk:D ...

Heron Cove PM
11-04-2003, 04:12 AM
This would just save you from having to travel around with two vehicles...

This really is not that big of a deal. I'm getting in last cuts now so I won't need to pull the enclosed much longer. Also with the two trucks... my guy pulls a much smaller trailer. This lets me go to the dump and get a load dumped while he can go to the next lawn and start the next job. This keeps the leaf rig and crew moving and I'm not paying a guy or two to sit in the truck at the dump.

Also, if you don't mind saying what you charge for just curbside pick up, ...

My base hourly rate is $50.00 a man hour, everything I do is base off of this. That is what it takes me to run my operation. So most lawns here that want the curb side pick up are about 1/4 of an acre. For curb side pick up I charger 1 hour minimum. It takes all of about 15 to 20 minutes to put that on the truck.payup Yes people are paying that. In fact I was told I'm cheaper than smothers.

I have some signs being made right now and I am thinking of putting and add in a small local paper tomorrow.

Keep looking the deals are out there...Hey I'll sell you this one :D

Good luck,
Marshall

gogetter
11-04-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Heron Cove PM
Keep looking the deals are out there...Hey I'll sell you this one :D

You didn't think you could post that without me asking now, do ya?!LOL!
So...................how much?

MD isn't all that far of a drive for me.:D

Heron Cove PM
11-04-2003, 04:32 AM
You didn't think you could post that without me asking now, do ya?!LOL!
So...................how much?

MD isn't all that far of a drive for me.:D

http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/roflmao.gif

Well I would have to check with the "BOSS" first. (my wife is the real owner) Right now it's 0330 hours and guess where she is. So I'll get back to you on that one. Hey why am I up? Come to think of it I should get back to the boss:D

mike9497
11-04-2003, 10:15 AM
gogetter

with that 3/4 ton truck in my pic i can get 5 lawns 15 to 20k sq ft.
the baggers on the mowers really break things up plus the leaf loaders turn everything into saw dust.well atleast my giant vacs do

ups
07-05-2005, 10:36 PM
im looking to buy one in a few months and am wondering what is the best bang for the buck and what to expect to pay

ups
07-05-2005, 10:36 PM
im looking to buy one in a few months and am wondering what is the best bang for the buck and what to expect to pay

Runner
07-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Look in to the Little Wonder. many have purchased this with no regrets. the serrated teeth make a big difference.