PDA

View Full Version : looking for a body

Qualey
11-02-2003, 06:44 PM
Anyone know of a body manufacturer that makes a 16' dumping flatbed with 1' high fold-down sides? Omaha makes one with uprights halfway down each side, but I need one that allows wide open access to the deck when the sides are down. Thanks for the help.

Matt

landscaper3
11-02-2003, 07:10 PM
www.sandspreader.com

Gravel Rat
11-02-2003, 10:59 PM
What are you putting a 16' bed on ?

Something like that you may want a welding shop build you one to you specs a 16' dumpbed has to be pretty strong.

Is this for hauling gravel or are you looking for a flatdeck with side on it ?

Qualey
11-03-2003, 06:55 AM
Its going on a 93 TopKick, 33,000 GVW. It has a knuckleboom and flatbed currently. We use it to transport slabs and other bulk stone pieces, but rather than by another truck I want to modify the body so I can continue doing what I currently am, and have the ability to haul aggregate, etc during its downtime.

Gravel Rat
11-03-2003, 01:17 PM
I would make your current deck dump it would be easier I assume the decking is wood which you would change to 1/8 or 3/16s steel plate. You could use a scissor hoist for the dump but I would probably use a twin underbody ram set up for a flatdeck it keeps the deck from racking.

If the deck has stake pockets you build some slip in sides for it for a gate you will have to have one that swings like a barn door.

The other option which is a expensive one but will make a heck of a truck is if you go with a system like this Rolloff (www.americanrolloff.com/awS.htm)

What you would have is a box for hauling gravel or a fladeck you could even do brush hauling if you wanted too.

A small roll off truck with a Hiab (knuckle boom) would be handier than h*ll.

Just something to think about :blob3: