PDA

View Full Version : Price check on a Z-500 60" deck

ztoro
11-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Could you guys give me a quote for a bag for a '04 Toro Z500 60" Turbo deck.

Thanks
Rob

PeterA
11-04-2003, 12:25 AM
Rob,
I would reccomend the jumbo size catcher. The part number is GCTOSUXL and the list price is $499.00.

Thanks
Peter.

ztoro
11-04-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by PeterA
Rob,
I would reccomend the jumbo size catcher. The part number is GCTOSUXL and the list price is $499.00.

Thanks
Peter.

Thanks Peter

Jut one more question, does the toro 60" turbo deck need to be drilled to mount the grass catcher?

PeterA
11-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Yes. You need to drill a 9/16 hole in the steel rim that runs around the discharge. We send a picture of a SFS deck with the hole drilled correctly. It goes right near the little "notch" at the front of the discharge.

PS- if you have any other toro mowers with the SFS deck, this unit will fit all of them (toro has a single discharge opening for the 36,44,52 and 60 inch SFS decks)

Peter

ztoro
11-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Ok sorry to be a pain in the -----. I have the new 04 Turbo Force Deck, its different than the old SFS decks. does this change any of the info you gave? i.e. Part number or drilling the deck to mount?

sorry for all the questions

PeterA
11-04-2003, 11:57 PM
ztoro,
Don't worry about asking a bunch of questions, I don't mind at all. I was just at the louisville show in October and spent some time in the Toro booth looking at the new mowers. The factory guy told me they have changed the deck this year, but the outlet piece that the weld on to the 36.44.52 and 60 inch decks is not changing. Since this is what the catcher hooks to, there should be no change in the fitup. If you do buy an accelerator and it turns out that there is a fitup problem that I have not anticipated, give me a call and I will get you taken care of. Since we sell a fair number of these catchers, and I have not had anyone call to report a fitup problem on the 04 toro's, I don't think it will be an issue.

Peter.