PDA

View Full Version : Custom trailer ideas........

Carolina Cutter
11-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Was looking at my equipment setup the other day and thinking of all the people in my area that are getting into the business and started thinking that there may be a market for custom lawn trailers. Have you ever wished you had something different but didn't. Throw some ideas at me. Not just the plain old boxes and racks, let's get creative. What would work for you best? how could something be made better to make it easier to use? C'mon guys I know you have ideas floating around in your heads. Let's hear them.:dizzy:

gogetter
11-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Well, a couple simple ideas, nothing new though.

1. Side gate/ramps.

2. A spring on the gate hinge to aid in lifting/lowering gate. Not the garage spring that mounts to the top rail, but a small spring that mounts where the hinges are. Not sure if there's a name for them or not. I've sen pics of them though on other trailers.

3. Custom widths. I for one back my trailer into a garage. I currently have a 5'x10'. I need something bigger. But I can only go longer, not wider. The next width available is 6.5'. Once you add in wheel wells, it's to wide to fit through the door by a couple inches.
So I'd like a plain old 6' wide trailer (13 or 14' length), this will just squeeze through.

Potchkins
11-11-2003, 12:00 AM
any thought of building
a deck-over?
i have been building one in my head
since i got started at this
...o and its a gooden!

Sauls1686
11-11-2003, 08:34 PM
A faster way to tie down. I get sick of ratchet straps.

Jusmowin
11-11-2003, 10:19 PM
tell me what ya think ..........6x16gooseneck w4ft mesh sides, 12k axels, split tailgate, all green touch racks, and then convert the top deck into a mesh gang box. This would be my dream trailer

olderthandirt
11-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Jusmowin
tell me what ya think ..........6x16gooseneck w4ft mesh sides, 12k axels, split tailgate, all green touch racks, and then convert the top deck into a mesh gang box. This would be my dream trailer

Ditto to that trailor but I would add cold beverage dispenser and restroom

Potchkins
11-12-2003, 03:36 AM
20ft not 16ft
5ft or 6ft sides
depending on deck height
my thoughts