PDA

View Full Version : Free Website Space

Florida 5 Star
11-12-2003, 08:29 PM
Would you like to get webhosting for free? I saw an advertisment for a company called www.1and1.com. They will host your website for free for three years. They are betting that you will be so happy with them that when the start to charge you in three years time that you will be happy to pay for it. Check em out at www.1and1.com (http://www.1and1.com). If it works out sure bets paying for it.

Soupy
12-20-2003, 06:10 AM
I signed on. Thanks for the heads up! I'm working on my new site now.

Soupy

Team Gopher
12-20-2003, 08:44 PM
Hi Soupy,

Let us know how that hosting company works for you.

Soupy
12-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Gopher, I like it so far. It only cost me $5.99 to register my domain. I have never had a website and know nothing about creating one though. I through some pages together but it needs a lot of help. A friend of mine has dreamweaver, but has never used it and is new to this also. I might see if we can put our heads together to get looking half way decent.

If your interested seeing what I have put together in a few hours, let me know and I'll email you the web address. I don't want to put it on here yet.

By the way, I have not purchased your program yet. But you can count on me getting it after the new year. I really hope you can implement some of the cool features discussed on your forum. I really look forward in using lawnmail also. Keep up the good work. I'll start recommending your program to some of the local guys. I don't think any of the companies around here know about these lawn forums. So they probably haven't heard of your program.

Soupy

Team Gopher
12-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Hi Soupy,

Yes I would like to see what you have so far. Can you send me a PM through our tech forum?
If we can help you out, let us know.

Thanks!

maelawncare
01-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Hey i just did the 1&1 as well. Looks to be a serious compnay. Made me do a phone idetifaction number and everything. Kinda cool. Havent got too it yet, but so far so good.

BGL-florida
01-13-2004, 01:00 AM
This seems to be a good deal. You get the 12 pages for free. You don't have total freedom to manipulate the pages but at least with the templates you can do something decent.

One thing though, does anyone know how to get your site to begin to appear in the search engines without spending a mini fortune?

with 1and1, you have the site, but who will find it unless they see your flyers, mailings, and door hangers with the website clearly displayed.

Any anwers and suggestions?

tx_angler
01-13-2004, 01:53 AM
Most search engines start indexing pages using a site called DMOZ.COM (http://www.dmoz.com). Addition of your site is to DMOZ.COM (http://www.dmoz.com) is free, but after that every search engine site has it's own rules where you'll show up on a page. Add your site to DMOZ.COM (http://www.dmoz.com) and then do some research about HTML metatags, in particular "description" and "keywords".

It may take several weeks, but after adding your site to DMOZ.COM (http://www.dmoz.com) you should start apperaring near the top if you have chosen your keywords and desctiption wisely.

BGL-florida
01-13-2004, 02:06 AM
TX Angler,
hey thanks for the reply. I'll try that as soon as I can.:blob3:

ksland
01-13-2004, 02:09 AM
irepublics.com 33mb webspace, free forever. No ads attached to webpages, does attach a small ad on bottom of emails sent out from your email account with them, which I don't use anyhow. My site is there, has been for a year and never been down or slow. http://www.kandslandscape.com

maelawncare
01-13-2004, 12:55 PM
but how did you design the website ks?

maelawncare
01-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Description: Unit Price (RM): Qty: Subtotal:
FREE Corporate Hosting 0.00 1 0.00
INTERNIC Domain Registration 100.00 1 100.00
Total in RM: 100.00
Total in USD: 26.32

it does cost money

Soupy
01-20-2004, 03:02 AM
2 days left (01/21/04), 3 years Free Hosting

www.1and1.com
No banner ads, no pop ups, no spam, strict privacy.

The Following Features Are All Included:

Website/Connectivity:
Hosted on I/O optimized own 1&1 Linux version
500 MB web space
5,000 MB/month traffic ($.99 per GB for additional traffic)
No limits on simultaneous hits/bandwidth
Protected by firewall
Daily backups of your website
99.9% Uptime guarantee

Website features:
Advanced live site statistics, log files, ready-to-run CGI-library, own CGI programming (Perl, Python), FrontPage 2002 extensions
Advanced Password Protection
5 FTP accounts
PHP3 & PHP4
MySQL
Proxy SSL Secure Server
Cron Jobs
SSH Secure Shell Access
Advanced Developer Tools
CRM/E-commerce:
WebElements
Newsletter Tool
One-on-one online dialogue
Turn-key web database applications
Chats
Forums
Domain names:
Register or transfer .com/.net/.org/.info for just $5.99/year
50 subdomains (e.g., shop.yourDomain.com)
Point up to 100 external domain names to 1&1
Applications:
Free template loaded online WebsiteCreator
Free full version of Fusion 7, search engine registration, ranking, optimization
Total software worth $300
1&1 Control Panel
E-mail handling:
50 POP3 e-mail accounts (50 MB each)
Catch-all e-mail addresses
Auto-responders, unlimited forwarding.
1&1 Advanced WebMail
Symantec virus scanner
Support:
1&1 Express support by e-mail

DannyHatt
01-31-2004, 06:38 AM
Remember on the net, nothing is free...

Nothing...

You may be getting this for FREE but you are also handing over your email address for their database.

One way or another they will make money..

As far as search engines go, if you have a good host, you can submit your site to search engines for free.

But just because you are in a search engine doesnt mean you will show up. To show up, you have to get you site advertised on other sites. Search engines weigh heavy on anchors all over the web. When they spot an anchor for you site , it starts to pick up a notch in the rankings.

Dunn's
08-28-2006, 09:40 PM
It's Free. Well what do ya know about that?

MarcSmith
08-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Dunn, welcome to 2 years ago....:)

check the posting dates....:)