PDA

View Full Version : Any one from Washington State Out there

Nw. Shadesofgreen
11-17-2003, 03:19 AM
Just would like to see if there is any one from washington out there running a great lawn service. I look forward to chatting with you on any subjects.
I have over 16 years of experence in the green industry, and i'm in the process of getting my new company set up for next year. :angel:

Let it Grow
02-13-2004, 06:27 PM
I just now saw your thread. I'm down in SE Wa. Good luck with your business, and let me know if you need any help/advice.

J Haugner
02-17-2004, 04:51 AM
Our Business is in Bellevue, WA.
About 16 years also. Sold it once too.
I totally enjoy exchanging ideas about the Biz.
Lets talk!

TYYS,

Mike

MJW Services, INC

Willis
03-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Grounds Keeper Spokane, WA.

specialtylc
03-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Spokane? Yeah I guess Im in wash. state. Be glad to exchange e mail with you.

M Raggs Yard Service
03-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Just cruzin along here in coffee town.

E-mail xchanges always welcome.

Mike

KC Hartman
02-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Hello!
This is my first post, so I'll intro myself here.

I am a 46 year old Father of 3 lovely young ladies and I am looking at starting up a small LCO here in Aberdeen (down on the coast). It is great to see a community of Business Owners sharing and helping each other like you all are here!

I am getting ready to start here in a week or less, so any info to get me started would be infinitely valuable. I have a Honda HRB215SXA that I'll use initially to get accounts. I also have a weed eater and will get a blower shortly. I am really talking small time to start :)

I also do Computer security work on the side, so I will have it to supplement my income, and my wife has a full time job. My question is it too late for a 46 y.o. guy to get started in the business? I am intelligent, want to do quality work without low-balling and have minimal lawn experience. Can I succeed?

It is kind of a rhetorical question, since I am going to do it anyway. But it never hurts to have a little reassurance. Has anyone used The Business Package that Sean Adams put together? Can it help a total noob like myself? Is it worth $70.00?

I would love to any help you can offer!

Thanks in advance......

And the big question I have off the bat is - It looks like even a small time operator needs to have a Pest Control License to apply fertilizer and herbicides on residental properties. Is that correct? Or is it possible to apply those as a homeowner would using what I buy at Home Depot? I want to be legal, but I haven't had a P.C. License in many years. And it looks like 170.00 to get one. Do I "have" to get one, or can I apply chemicals / fertilizers that Homeowners can buy without one in this state?

Perfect touch landscapes
08-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I am from bothell wa , servicing nw area Bellevue wa, Edmonds, Kirkland wa, Millcreek wa , lynnwood. Providing landscape and lawn care services.
Http://perfecttouchlandscapes.com
Posted via Mobile Device

cascadelawns
02-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Glad to see there are some of us out here in Washington! We are a fertilzation and weed control company. Always looking for help and ideas on how to grow our company!

HollywoodXN
02-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Just thought I'd also chime in. My name is Dusty, been in the business for 12 years, my own for the last 4. I'm up in Whatcom County, Lynden, Blaine, Bellingham. Also interested in chatting and passing along ideas and knowledge. Thank you,

Dusty

HollywoodXN
02-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Hey KC Hartman,

Dont know if you have had anyone reply to you yet. But give my two cents. First on the P.C. license, I have never had one. I've worked for 4 other companies, applying lime, fert, moss out, mole b gone, cranefly etc and i've never heard of needing that. I'm not sure if I would worry about it.

I have not seen Sean Adams whole thing, but if you are really trying to get a grip on things, I would buy that before the p.c. license :). It can put your head in the right mindset, and probably save you alot of time of trying to figure things out the hard way. I've heard of alot of people getting it, and say good things about it. If you dont have a mentor in the lawn care dept., it would only benefit you.

If you can get an ad on craigslist, set a monthly rate, 12 mo contracts, etc. Get in areas, and pump the area of flyers, etc. Keep your places mint, and I'm sure you wont have problems getting whole neighborhoods, saving yourself gas, travel time, etc. (Craigslist is key, check bellingham, search for lawn and garden, and find mine, and feel free to use that as a draft, if needed. :)

Also, offer as much as you can, whether it be dethatching, aerating, pressure washing, bed work, etc. I hope for blessings on your business, that you will do well this season. God Bless!

Dusty