PDA

View Full Version : Fermeck backhoe

cat320
10-24-2000, 04:47 PM
Has any one tried these backhoes yet? What is everones opinion of them ?They say case makes them but they don't seam to even compare to the one that I have .Really would like some feed back on these machines.

diggerman
10-24-2000, 06:32 PM
Fermac has a bigger presents overseas,I always thought they were different from TLK but I think they maybe the same company. I have never run one but they look more like an old JD with the straight rear boom.I am also not crazy about the loader linkage or the way the hoe hangs so far of the back.The thing that has always bothered me about off brands is that often you do not pay much diffrence in price and the resale is not as good.If you are interested in looking at some prices of other Fermeck machines for sale goto http://www.MACHINERYTRADER.COM find loader backhoes on the list then Fermeck there are several for sale, 20 some.

dirtsquirt
11-14-2004, 10:03 PM
Fermec was made in Britain I believe and was bought out a couple of years ago by Terex. Their price is hard to beat for a new machine and they seem built heavy enough. I think they have Pekings engines which is a Cat engine but they are kind of sloppy as far as control.
Tim

Tigerotor77W
11-14-2004, 10:06 PM
They are made by Terex and are consequently rebranded as Terex machines. Case did own a part of them before Terex bout they. I have heard that the power isn't bad at all. There is a thread on this in the tractorbynet.com forums as well.

lamarbur
11-15-2004, 07:03 AM
I have run the Fermec 860 model and have to say they are awesome machines. They are well designed for the avg mechanic, (things are easy to get to and repair) and they have the only silicone block used in the extenda hoe function for lubrication. The one I ran, you didn't grease the extenda hoe, instead, they have silicone block the size of a tuna fish can that lubes the boom internals.. Flat glass in the cab (easily replaceable compared to the round glass in Deere's).. All around a great machine to run and own..