PDA

View Full Version : destination after reply(new post)

Vibe Ray
10-25-2000, 10:18 PM
Alright, every time you reply to a thread(new post), when you submit it, it brings you back to that thread, but i am certain that the majority of us would probably prefer to be sent back to the FORUM(refreshed and up to date of course), not the thread because no one will have made a new reply while you are replying and you always read all of the replies in the thread before you reply so why send us back to there when we're just gonna hit back and look at other threads while waiting for a reply on the previous thread we went to. Especially for us slow loaders!

Vibe Ray
11-16-2000, 10:55 PM
Anyone agree with me or not???

plsoucy
11-18-2000, 09:17 PM
Hi,

you're not the first one to mention that point; I'll check what I can do as Chuck asked me.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc Soucy

plsoucy
11-18-2000, 09:35 PM
I modified newreply.php, newthread.php and editpost.php and they seem to work fine here.

Does it work like you wanted?

Regards,

Pierre-Luc Soucy

thelawnguy
11-18-2000, 10:12 PM
I liked the old way. If you want to change stuff, have when you click on a thread, it opens in a new window.

Administrator
11-19-2000, 12:52 AM
test

Chuck Smith
11-19-2000, 11:32 AM
I'm with Bill on this. I thought something was wrong with the forums!
I like the <B>old</B> way better!

And by the way, many times while typing a reply, someone else posted one while I was busy typing mine. Cjhange it back! Change it back! ;)

~Chuck

Administrator
11-19-2000, 03:09 PM
OK, pierre will change it back.

plsoucy
11-19-2000, 03:44 PM
Now back the old way.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc Soucy

Vibe Ray
11-23-2000, 07:49 PM
LOL I didn't even get to try it out! My ISP was having difficulties...well you guys are the decision makers about this stuff so you need to do do what you think will make things quicker and more efficient while at the same time pleasing all of the 1800 members. I personally think that my way would be better for everyone, but I may be wrong....maybe we should start a survey in all of the forums to find out. I would be willing to create it. It just seems to me far-fetched that someone will reply while you are! Maybe it isn't...

Charles
11-26-2000, 09:07 AM
I like it the way it is. Because you can easily edit your post when coming straight back to it.

Vibe Ray
03-20-2001, 11:51 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that now that I have spent some more time on Lawnsite, I now understand that it is better the way it is because I have found some typos after I posted that I might not have found the other way.

Acute Cut
03-24-2001, 04:30 AM
This is funny, I was just about to post this EXACT topic in the commercial forum. Then i decided this would be the more appropriate place and came here. Lo and Behold HERE IT IS!

I personally would like to post and then be switched to the top of the forum again. Or perhaps to the same spot i clicked so i can just continue. I would think that each of us would re-read (proof read) before sending the message to the rest of the people. I always have. I think i have only edited one or two of my posts, and that was due to miscommunicating an idea or topic. What sounds right in my head may not sound right on paper the first time.

I vote for the original idea to be posted in the other forums to see what everyone else thinks. I am just curious. I think my vote is cast.

Thanks for yalls time.
Acute Cut