PDA

View Full Version : Exmark and Toro: are they the same.

dishboy
12-29-2003, 08:46 PM
I read that Exmarks are coming out of the Toro factory [or is it Toro's out of the Exmark factory]?. My question is, in the 36inch floating decks is the SFS identical to the Trivantage deck and if not which has the nicer cut on bluegrass/bentgrass lawns, the 03/04 Exmarks or Toro's?

rotgg
12-29-2003, 08:52 PM
no

Fareway Lawncare
12-29-2003, 10:45 PM
The floaters are radically different & eXmark wins hands down.

The fixed are the same with the exception of the control.

PaulJ
12-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Toro and Exmark are both owned by the same company, but operate seprate. They do share ideas I think. It is clear if you look at their machnes closely but they are not the same. Just try to get exmark parts from a toro only dealer.

Fareway Lawncare
12-29-2003, 11:51 PM
The fixed deck walks are Identical...parts interchangeable w/ the exception of the Control.

Phishook
12-30-2003, 01:14 AM
The same as a JD and a GD.;)

or maybe a Ford and a Mercury?

pinnacle
12-30-2003, 01:15 AM
The large Diesel TORO and The Diesel EXMARK are exactly the same. I've seen my dealer pulling exmark stickers off the L/C XP and putting TORO stickers on it. He said that they are one in the same.

Phishook
12-30-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by pinnacle
The large Diesel TORO and The Diesel EXMARK are exactly the same. I've seen my dealer pulling exmark stickers off the L/C XP and putting TORO stickers on it. He said that they are one in the same.

yep, all red mowers cut the same. gonna paint my encore bright red next month so it'll cut better.

pinnacle
12-30-2003, 01:29 AM
yep, all red mowers cut the same. gonna paint my encore bright red next month so it'll cut better.

:laugh: ^

Nah mate.............I'm in the GD boat with you Phisook.

I've demod the new TORO with the Turbo force deck and my Chariot cuts better! My dealer sell's GD and Toro and I'm still running a new GD over the new Toro.

I'd paint it GD yellow mate :D

Tonyr
12-30-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by pinnacle

Alex is right again, spot on!
Hey mate, when ya demoed the new Toro, what things do you think let it down?

Speed? Cut quality? Grunt? Capacity to process large ampunts of grass under the deck? Discharge velocity? Left stringers?

It has the baffled deck with adjustable flow baffle, 5.5'' deep, and a variety of oem blades, 35mm blade overlap, did you have high lifts on when side discharging? Medium lifts? What blade did you have on when mulching?

I can't compare it to something side by side, they all cut good to me...but I mow/drive to the conditions, the reps race around thus leaving poor cuts, hustler was the best at speed, ferris not bad, toro good too here. Just thought you could give some theories to me so I know what to look for next demo?

Still cuttin'?

Everyone wants stuff done yesterday now, every time I try to have a day off the phone rings, money is money I guess...helps keep me drunk:)

Tony.