PDA

View Full Version : Strangest Customer Request??

LAWNS AND MOWER
01-05-2004, 10:31 AM
For me, it occurred a few years ago. This lady asked me if I would help her move her 97 year old mother from her to chair into the bed. I remember her moaning as I attempted to move her without snapping any bones! She died 1 week later:eek:

ElephantNest
01-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Must have been an important bone you snapped!

:rolleyes:

NorrisG
01-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Dead cat removal and disposal.... paid 10 bucks extra! :laugh:

satxmow
01-05-2004, 11:30 AM
only $10 bucks:eek: i would have charged $20-30.payup

the scaper
01-05-2004, 12:36 PM
customer wanted me to go into crawl space and search for dead stinking animal. i stuck my head in the door and caught one whiff and told them i couldnt find it- no charge thank you! i occasionally change flood light bulbs for another customer.

sildoc
01-05-2004, 12:50 PM
I have a customer that dosent move to well. She had me include in her contract moving her sprinker every 3 days and letting it run for 3 hours each time. I subed out the neighbor kid next door and charge her accordingly. I think it came out to 1500 a season and pay the neighbor kid 1000. She knows this but is ok since he goes away for 3 weeks in the summer and I have to do it myself. Thank god it is only 4 blocks away.

tx_angler
01-05-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by sildoc
She had me include in her contract moving her sprinker every 3 days and letting it run for 3 hours each time.

Have you though about putting that sprinkler on a timer?

sildoc
01-05-2004, 02:42 PM
tx angler it is on a timer but still has to be moved every 3 days and when I mow. trust me I wish she would just put in a sprinkler system but she is old school.

the scaper
01-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by sildoc
tx angler it is on a timer but still has to be moved every 3 days and when I mow. trust me I wish she would just put in a sprinkler system but she is old school. i guess she has alot of money or either the old school didnt teach math, but if i had to pay $1500 per year for someone to move my sprinkler around there would be alot of thirsty grass in my yard. dont get me wrong though, sounds like you've got a good thing going:D

floridalawncare
01-05-2004, 04:56 PM
i've cleaned church signs, fixed lights, built play props, replaced bulbs, fixed toilets, sinks, soap dispensers, doors, sprayed everything possible with every chemical available, moved sprinklers as mentioned above, moved furniture, hauled trash off, and it doesn't end here! probably the most unique was mulching up seaweed next to the water at a beach area we mow.

J Hisch
01-05-2004, 05:02 PM
change light blubsturn over bird baths, remove garden hoses for the winter. etc.

lawnwizards
01-05-2004, 05:19 PM
i charged a lady 10 bucks to haul off her 2 year old 32" t.v. i took it to the repair shop and paid 25 bucks to have it fixed (something simple) and now i have an almost new t.v. *lol*

pjslawncare/landscap
01-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Had a lady ask to climb her flag pole to hook rope back up. Nooooo way

hole in one lco
01-05-2004, 07:38 PM
I had a old lady ask me to unclog her garbage disposal so i did.
I went back and started mowing 2 minute's later here comes the fire dep she called them to

lawnman_scott
01-05-2004, 07:52 PM
A long time ago i drove an old lady to the emmisions station to get her car tested. See had cataracts or glucoma, and couldnt see that well, but didnt want the plates to expire or she wouldnt be able to drive!!

proenterprises
01-05-2004, 08:23 PM
i have done all sorts of odd tasks for customers. hauled crap away, fixed doors, unclogged toilets, cleaned garages, emptied trash.

dosent really matter, its work and i get paid for it wether its cutting grass or its an odd ball task that just needs to get done.

Cutters Lawn Care
01-05-2004, 09:02 PM
I buried a customers dog that died. I have a customer from the middle east who wanted me to do something about a owl that was coming onto her carport. She said in her religion owls are bad luck.

Mustang
01-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Hello everyone- first post here.

I once had a customer that did not want to pay us to come back and do another leaf clean up. However, she still had leaves on her tree. So she asked me to climb the tree and "shake it"!!!!! I passed on that one.

FrankenScagMachines
01-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Mustang

I once had a customer that did not want to pay us to come back and do another leaf clean up. However, she still had leaves on her tree. So she asked me to climb the tree and "shake it"!!!!! I passed on that one.
so she asked you to shake her tree? and you didn't? LOL

Mustang
01-05-2004, 09:21 PM
The tree was about 15' wide. That was smaller than she was. :D

FrankenScagMachines
01-05-2004, 09:54 PM
Oh ok i see :)

chimmygew
01-05-2004, 09:57 PM
I had an elderly woman ask me to drive her to the doctor out of courtesy. Once every 2 weeks I might add.

nelbuts
01-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Hey Mustang,

A stud like you should have no trouble shaking a womans bush.....tree!:laugh:

LawnScapers of Dayton
01-06-2004, 04:47 AM
LOL......alot of people get paid well to "shake it"......

Derek

.....hmmmm....I guess that is outside of the lawn care biz.......

Grassmechanic
01-06-2004, 08:40 AM
One hot day last summer, one of my clients asked me how busy I was. I asked "Why?" He said he needed someone to take his 38' Fountain to the marina to refuel it. He would have done it, but his wife sent him on some errands and his buddies were coming over for a boat ride in an hour, and he didn't want to take a detour to the marina with a boatload of people. I said "No problem!" Boy, those triple 502's are thirsty! $675 to fill it up and it wasn't even on empty.

mtdman
01-06-2004, 08:49 AM
Last spring when it was raining a bunch, one of my customers asked me to go inside her house and help move some furniture. It was a really wet, sloppy day, and I was covered in mud and grass. She has a nice house and I told her I would, but that I was really dirty and didn't want to slop up her house. She kinda realized that I was a mess and decided against it. Felt bad, woulda done it.

I had a guy that wanted me to put in a french drain, whatever that is. Wanted me to dig around the foundation and put in pea gravel. This was when I was first starting out, and had no $$ for anything more than a shovel, let alone the proper excavating equipment. I passed.

Mikes Lawn Landscape
01-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Mustang

she asked me to climb the tree and "shake it"!!!!! I passed on that one.

Did ya tell her you really loved her peaches
;)

RobH
01-06-2004, 09:41 AM
I once had to bury a customer's dog. However, the guy lived on this really rocky property. We had to rent a jackhammer in order to dig out a hole to bury the dog. He even built this really nice pine box for him which required the hole to be even bigger. It was a large golden retriever. We tried to get the customer to pick another spot, but the dog had to be buried in this specific spot so that he could see him. We probably spent a good 6 hours with jackhammer.