PDA

View Full Version : Tank sealer

pjslawncare/landscap
01-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Tried a search , but came up nothing. Messing with my equipment stored in pole barn. You know, firing them up and adding gas stableizer and stuff like that. Discovered my tiller has a gas tank leak. Its plastic with a seam half way up because two peice design crap. Anyone know of some type of sealer I can use in it. I have the thing off the unit and all cleaned out. Looking for cheap fix

paponte
01-05-2004, 05:50 PM
J&B Weld. Works for just about everything. I believe they make one for plastic as well. I would advise draining the gas first. :cool:

sildoc
01-06-2004, 01:07 AM
By the time your done messing around with it, It will cost you more than buying the 5-10 dollar new onepiece tank to begin with. JMO

walker-talker
01-06-2004, 10:16 AM
You might price a new tank, but recently a buddy of mine bought one for his Exmark walkbehind and spent around $85. I think JB Weld will run you $3 or $4. I used the stuff for a gas tank on a truck....the neck of the tank where the fuel goes in had a crack around 75% of it....worked well. My aunt knocked a hole in her oil pan up in the mountains, JB Weld got her down the mountain and a 6 hour drive back to Denver. I would say it's a good product!

lawnman_scott
01-06-2004, 02:25 PM
if its just a rectangle tank, no unique design to fit, then i would get a genaric tank. Otherwise i would try the jb weld, gas tanks are not cheap. Definatly not $5 or $10.

CHAN
01-06-2004, 08:53 PM
I would just get a tube of silicone and put over it. This has worked great in the past but make sure it is dry before putting gas in the tank. Had a hole in the bottom of a gas tank on a 76 chevy one time took a penny and applied silicone to it and stuck over the hole and let dry, never leaking again for another 100,000 plus miles. THE BLUE STUFF