PDA

View Full Version : What's the biggest increase?

B&B LAWN
01-06-2004, 04:04 AM
What's the biggest increase in price that you have ever proposed to a customer?

Barkleymut
01-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Went from $225 to $290/month on a 12 month contract. I underbid the property to begin with and I refuse to work too cheap. I did complete the first year at the agreed price and then rebid at the higher price. If you are barely making money on a yard then tell the customer this. They understand everyone needs to make money.

walker-talker
01-06-2004, 10:07 AM
While it's true that it's better to slowly increase prices, sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. I am going to increase this year (first time in four years for some). The highest will be around $7 per cut, but it's a bi-weekly. I have a buddy that has 150 accounts and bumps it up $1 every year.....comes out to be about $4500 a year for him a year for any added expenses and capital for growth.

brentsawyer
01-06-2004, 10:44 AM
$10, many years ago when first starting out when from $20-30 on one lady's.

mtdman
01-06-2004, 12:12 PM
I don't often do increases, but at most $10/cut. This year I have to do a bunch of increases. I have a few veteran customers that I have held steady for the last few years and need to get them up to speed.

lawnman_scott
01-06-2004, 03:03 PM
If your worried about losing them, why not do a few at a time. You have all winter dont you? When do they commit for next year? I do mine all year round, so i dont really know if they sign up right away, or wait till march or april, but if they sign up soon, just send the price increase in groups, and if you lose more than you want, keep the rest the same. Just send the bad, or unwanted customers increase out first. I increase mine in July or August, because they are all month to month, and I know if they get bids the bid will be high because thats the busiest time of year here.