PDA

View Full Version : A Great Debate!

Titans Fan
01-06-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm on the fence about my new mower for the upcoming season.
A Scag Tiger Cub, Exmark (48") or a Chopper (50").
Let me hear your likes and dislikes about these units.
The dealers for these brands in my parts are both good guys!

Thanks!!!

steinerboy
01-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Go with the exmark you won't be sorry the only thing i did was get the electric start because the 17 motor has some kick back other than that i love it. I dislike the scag didn't seem to respond well to a fast turn where the exmark did , also the way the deck is lets the grass fly up at your face.

Rick Jones
01-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by steinerboy
Go with the exmark you won't be sorry the only thing i did was get the electric start because the 17 motor has some kick back...

You can get a ZTR mower without electric start? I don't think I've ever seen a ZTR with a recoil starter.

65hoss
01-07-2004, 09:51 AM
In Kentucky I assume you have lots of slopes and hills you mow?

hardwork2
01-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Hey Neighbor I've been researching every machine on the market. it appears to me that the exmark would be the way to go. But i don't have any hands on. Just what i've learned from talking to people. Exmark seems to be the Harley of the mowing industry. Exmark seems to have a better resale value as well. (My 2 cents) Road king in Georgetown

chimmygew
01-07-2004, 09:01 PM
I say demo all three and decide for yourself. I have always had good luck with scag and really like them, but then again, I have never used an exmark and I don't like DC.

rob1325
01-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Like others said DEMO. Do your research on the machines. Scag have better features than the rest and IMO is better built. Also find a GOOD dealer. Lastly, this site is a Ex-mark/Hustler Pro, and not Scag.

proenterprises
01-07-2004, 09:17 PM
like rob said-you really need to demo a machine.

asking us to debate it out isint really gonna pick out that machine that is really best suited for the applications that your going to be using it for.

go to your dealer, grab a machine and take it cutting for a day, see how you like it. in the end, pick the best one, now, you have found the "best" machine.