PDA

View Full Version : chance to pick up work

fishnetman
01-07-2004, 05:50 PM
I was offered a lawn "cut and trim only"in new development,half acre very few trees ect.a good chance to pick up more work,what would you charge,would it be less than usual.

pjslawncare/landscap
01-07-2004, 06:01 PM
I just price it as Mow, trim and blow. period. If you leave it unblown and messy, other potential customers may think that is how you work.

fishnetman
01-07-2004, 06:10 PM
I should have said blow also

BSDeality
01-07-2004, 06:23 PM
If there is a president/manager you're going through tell him you'll do it for $x per yard which is $y less than usual. if he signs up #z accounts.

Of course you can inflate your $x price and subtract the $y price to come out to your normal target'd price.

DEERHUNTER109
01-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Has anyone used Bradley Walk Behinds? Please give input.
Thanks,
Jeff's Lawn Care

Potomac Lawns Inc.
01-07-2004, 06:35 PM
Depends on the size of the property and how long it would take you to do it if you make a good first impression you may pick up a few more

Pecker
01-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Charge what you charge. Odds are, somebody else is going to move in on you anyway. If you get the account and want to keep it, you'll just have to sell yourself more (by good PR skills, quality work, etc. to show this developer you're the man for the job). And in order to do that, you have to maintain a good and professional attitude. And in order to do that, you have to feel that you are getting paid what you are worth. And in order to do that, you have to charge what you and he can live with. And in order to do that. . .

proenterprises
01-07-2004, 10:19 PM
charge a good standard fee. do a nice job on this one and make it look excellent. chances are of the dev. president notices a job well done here...hell have you back to grab a few more houses.

good luck.

gogetter
01-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Why would you charge less for it? What if the word gets out what you're charging to the neighbors, they will expect the same.

Charge what you charge. If you do good work and present yourself in a professional way, you'll get more work.

LawnPerfect
01-07-2004, 11:09 PM
I have to go with Gogetter on this one. Charge accordingly.

the scaper
01-07-2004, 11:43 PM
$45

sildoc
01-08-2004, 07:32 AM
fishnetman
Personally it is up to you. I have bid a little low in an area I really want to be. I did this so I could get face time in the area and have people see what I am really doing. In turn as I started to pick up more people in the area I bid higher than normal to make up for the differance.
It all comes down to are you making money and do you want more in the area?
Good luck.

FrankenScagMachines
01-08-2004, 09:39 AM
$40-45 going by your description. But your area may be different economy and my price may be $10 or even $15 off in either direction.

TURF DOCTOR
01-08-2004, 09:43 AM
It depends do you work on price or volume i work on price.

paponte
01-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by fishnetman
I was offered a lawn "cut and trim only"in new development,half acre very few trees ect.a good chance to pick up more work,what would you charge,would it be less than usual.

I would price it as any other property that I do. I would also explain to the customer that my price is all inclusive. We do not do half @ssed work. If she wants the best, it costs a little more. :cool: