PDA

View Full Version : Hey jersey guys!!!!

General Grounds
01-07-2004, 07:19 PM
:drinkup: we should get together now its winter and tip a few back, im sure we can humor each other on swapping stories for a few hours. tony

bobbygedd
01-07-2004, 08:09 PM
ok tony, i'm busy for a few weeks, how does say.....mid feb sound? you are like 10 min from me. where u like to go? charlie browns maybe? we can bring rod and any other joisey's we can scrape up. maybe dooghie? evan? cmon lets plan something

General Grounds
01-07-2004, 10:30 PM
:blob3: bobby thats fine were still pretty busy also, we could also do something after the landscape show in somerset. tony

rodfather
01-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
ok tony, i'm busy for a few weeks, how does say.....mid feb sound? you are like 10 min from me. where u like to go? charlie browns maybe? we can bring rod and any other joisey's we can scrape up. maybe dooghie? evan? cmon lets plan something

Busy bobby? Doing what? It's cold as a witch's t** btw so you ain't doing squat as far as I am concerned. I'm game tony, let's get together...just make sure they have plenty of Coors Light too...LOL

bobbygedd
01-08-2004, 11:11 AM
rod? "not doin squat?" do you think it's easy being me? well, i have to drag my tired rear out of bed every morning at the ungodly hour of 9 or 10 am.brush teeth. half the time there isn't even any coffee made. then i have to get the folgers, get a filter, make the coffee. then that damn paperboy, never gets the paper to land by the front door. now i have to get my pants on(wife says i can't go on the front lawn in my underwear), walk down the front steps, get the paper. come back in, read paper, drink coffee. then i do my situps and ride my lifecycle. this puts me at about 1:30 by then. then i have to remind the wife to make the kids lunch. then i watch jenny jones. now it's gotta be 3 ish. time for my nap. wake up at like 5:30.brush teeth. remind wife to make dinner. hang out. crack open beer. lift a little weights, drink more beer. now what? i'm out of beer. now, i have to get dressed, drive 5 blocks to the liquor store , get 30 pack(they're heavier than they look ya know) carry it out to car. then, carry it in the house. drink more beer, lift more weights. now, it's like 8:30 ish....read kids bed time story, tuck them in. eat dinner. remind wife to clean up kitchen. talk on computer, drink more beer. now, it's 10:30 ish. after an exhausting day, time for bed. do my "husbandly duties", now it's 10:36(including travel time up the stairs, duty, and locating clicker) . now fall asleep. oh yea, and on teusday nights, i have to bring out the garbage and put it by the curb. "not doing squat you say" huh

little green guy
01-08-2004, 11:34 AM
sounds like a rough life bobby, I could never imagine being that busy.

Anyway I'm in.

paponte
01-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Why does it just have to be the Joisey boys? Are we prejudice against the Nu Yawkers? I know it's b@lls to the wall in the winter with all the grass cutting and stuff, But I'm sure some of us could take the drive down under to say hello. :p

MCS Lawn Care
01-08-2004, 12:40 PM
hey guys im in, although im new to this i belive in getting out there and meeting some of the "vets"

chris

Aproct
01-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Hey! I am down here in southern NJ. Would be willing to meet anytime......:D

rodfather
01-08-2004, 12:54 PM
rod? "not doin squat?" do you think it's easy being me? well, i have to drag my tired rear out of bed every morning at the ungodly hour of 9 or 10 am.brush teeth. half the time there isn't even any coffee made. then i have to get the folgers, get a filter, make the coffee. then that damn paperboy, never gets the paper to land by the front door. now i have to get my pants on(wife says i can't go on the front lawn in my underwear), walk down the front steps, get the paper. come back in, read paper, drink coffee. then i do my situps and ride my lifecycle. this puts me at about 1:30 by then. then i have to remind the wife to make the kids lunch. then i watch jenny jones. now it's gotta be 3 ish. time for my nap. wake up at like 5:30.brush teeth. remind wife to make dinner. hang out. crack open beer. lift a little weights, drink more beer. now what? i'm out of beer. now, i have to get dressed, drive 5 blocks to the liquor store , get 30 pack(they're heavier than they look ya know) carry it out to car. then, carry it in the house. drink more beer, lift more weights. now, it's like 8:30 ish....read kids bed time story, tuck them in. eat dinner. remind wife to clean up kitchen. talk on computer, drink more beer. now, it's 10:30 ish. after an exhausting day, time for bed. do my "husbandly duties", now it's 10:36(including travel time up the stairs, duty, and locating clicker) . now fall asleep. oh yea, and on teusday nights, i have to bring out the garbage and put it by the curb. "not doing squat you say" huh

I am truly sorry and wish to apologize...NOT!!! haha

DUSTYCEDAR
01-08-2004, 01:01 PM
man bobby u sure do have the stamina 2 go all the way!
a whole 6 minuets travail time included WOW
all that weight training and beer are paying off. :drinkup:

bobbygedd
01-08-2004, 01:21 PM
ok, w'ell do it. we can carpool too. anybody mind if i drive?

Turfdude
01-08-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm in, especially if Bobby's driving. Now I only wonder how much he'll charge me for gas (Coors lite) $$?

Doc Pete
01-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by little green guy
sounds like a rough life bobby, I could never imagine being that busy.

Anyway I'm in.

Yeah, you're in until we order drinks:p
OK, you can order a Coke:D
dp

Ol'time Lawncare
01-08-2004, 05:55 PM
:blob3:when is the landscape show in somerset going to be, and were, never bin there!

General Grounds
01-08-2004, 06:11 PM
:blob3: glad to see everybody wants to get together and tie one on and complain about our customers, more the merrier, so you new york come on down. the somerset show is in the convention center off of 287, up by rutgers. just a thought. hope to talk to ya guys soon. tony

AL Inc
01-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Hey, so the NY'ers are invited! I think it would be hilarious to hang out and have a few beers with the famous Mr. Gedd.

Paponte, are you working still? We did some tree pruning and a small land clearing today to end the season. Thank god, put an end to the toughest season I ever had. Mike

rodfather
01-08-2004, 06:16 PM
We should get together somewhere around where bobby lives...he's kind of in the middle of the state. Since me and Doc Pete are old farts, we'll have to go to bed early the night before so we're well rested for the drive and activities...LOL

rodfather
01-08-2004, 06:20 PM
The Long Island representatives are hereby officially invited...bring it on gents!

paponte
01-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Paponte, are you working still? We did some tree pruning and a small land clearing today to end the season. Thank god, put an end to the toughest season I ever had. Mike

Nope, we stopped working the week before Christmas. Just been getting everything into order as far as trucks, machines, and trailers go. We Long Islanders must be important to get invited by the Jersey boys! Either that or they are just luring us there so they can kick our @sses! :D

bobbygedd
01-08-2004, 09:08 PM
i don't know, i'm startin to get a funny feelin about this. mr. odin wouldn't be commin, would he? hmmm, i think him and rod are scammin something

AL Inc
01-08-2004, 09:24 PM
LOL Paponte. Hey Bobby, I take back the comments I made about Jersey when you found the killer frog in the mulch that had teeth:eek:

bobbygedd
01-08-2004, 09:27 PM
what comments?

gogetter
01-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Oh, so the PA guys can't come?!?!:p

BTW, I'm hitting the Somerset Expo on the 28th (Wed). Looking forward to seeing some of the new equipment.

AL Inc
01-08-2004, 09:35 PM
J/K Bob. Just something along the lines of "only in NJ will you find mutant frogs with teeth" Mike

bobbygedd
01-08-2004, 09:39 PM
o my god, now i remember. that beast will be etched in my mind for eternity. you just better hope we don't run into him when you guys are down here. if we do, i'm gonna run

Lazer_Z
01-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Bobby&rod what countys are you guys in??

And are the young ones allowed??

bobbygedd
01-08-2004, 09:51 PM
i'm in middlesex, exit 9 nj tpk. rod is in, ummm, i don't know, clifton or something

bobbygedd
01-08-2004, 09:53 PM
o, hey lazer, compared to rod.....we all young guys

paponte
01-08-2004, 10:00 PM
o, hey lazer, compared to rod.....we all young guys

LMAO!! He's not old Bobby... just experienced. :cool:

SCAPEASAURUSREX
01-08-2004, 10:22 PM
So did you decide where and when yet... I'm thinking about " stuff your face " on rt 18 in brunswick or englishtown area, Well I know it's on rt 18 ..... thats like centrally located...Or maybe we could meet at the mall ..LOL.... The NJ show in Seacuacus is Feb 25th I think, the one in NY is jan 14th if anyone is traveling up to white plains for that one.. Somerset is the 28th and I think that the stuff your face is not all that far ??? may be wrong anybody know that area ???

bobbygedd
01-08-2004, 10:26 PM
my vote is feb 25th

SCAPEASAURUSREX
01-08-2004, 10:39 PM
THere are plenty of restaurants right there in walking distance at this show on the 25th in seacaucus. I think the Pest credit classes are only in the morning ? So that sounds like it would work , No driving involved once we are there...

SCAPEASAURUSREX
01-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Trying to remember whats there, Redheads, houlihans, bergerking, pizza uno, etc... and there is actually an indoor mall with foodcourt around the corner in the same lot.....

AL Inc
01-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Bobby, will you be bringing your lovely mother in law?

rodfather
01-08-2004, 10:43 PM
i'm in middlesex, exit 9 nj tpk. rod is in, ummm, i don't know, clifton or something

I'm in Hunterdon County, you propeller head...and I am not old, just experienced...lol

rodfather
01-08-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by AL Inc
Bobby, will you be bringing your lovely mother in law?

S*** Mike, don't bring her up...he'll try to pawn her off on me again!

rodfather
01-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by gogetter
Oh, so the PA guys can't come?!?!:p

BTW, I'm hitting the Somerset Expo on the 28th (Wed). Looking forward to seeing some of the new equipment.

Hell yes Jonathan, PA guys are invited. Yardley is just cross the border, right? You're even closer than the LI contingent I think...

Lazer_Z
01-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by rodfather
I'm in Hunterdon County, you propeller head...and I am not old, just experienced...lol This is why i love LS because of stuff like this^ thanks for the info i'm way south of both of ya i'm in Camden County

rodfather
01-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Lazer_Z
This is why i love LS because of stuff like this^ thanks for the info i'm way south of both of ya i'm in Camden County

Lazer_Z, you might be close to turfdude (bob). He's around the Cherry Hill area I think.

paponte
01-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Just to think, I'm willing to drive over an hour just to see you clowns. Way too much time baking in the sun. :p

Lazer_Z
01-08-2004, 10:58 PM
I am rod i also know right where his shop/storage area is

LJS lawn
01-09-2004, 12:53 AM
gee bob, u must be really gettin bored or somethin up there. inviting everyone out for a brew. um do ya think you'll get around to returning their phone messages? anyways -just sittin here myself drinkin a cold one in the peace and quiet,with a fire goin on the back patio-cold down here man !BRRRRR!!! 50 degrees out tonight! gotta throw another log on the fire!

bobbygedd
01-09-2004, 12:55 AM
you dirty rat!!! how you been? i'm sorry i didn't get to callin u back, lots of stuff goin on here. make sure u call again next time you're around. so how's it feel to be rich? i'm glad it worked out for you, keep in touch

John B Laidlaw
01-09-2004, 08:40 AM
and I guess we PA pokers are just chicken scratch, huh? ;)
Whats the date on the Somerset show?
J

rodfather
01-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Nope, I already invited PA to join in the fun.

Aproct
01-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Yea, what is with the details on the Somerset Show????:confused:

little green guy
01-09-2004, 12:26 PM
NJNLA Landscape trade show
January 28th and 29th
Garden State Exibit Center and Doubletree Hotel
Somerset, NJ

I'm game for that

Aproct
01-09-2004, 01:04 PM
little green guy,

Thanks for the details. Do you have a number I can call for the details and tickets?

Turfdude
01-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Well LazerZ,

Since you know where my shop is, just let me know what time to be ready & I'll let you be my chauffeur for the day. I know the way to that show no problem.

little green guy
01-09-2004, 05:31 PM
no I don't have a # right now

Lazer_Z
01-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Well Turfdude 1 minor problem i don't have a drivers lic and the reason is i had some dumb @ss as an instructor and she failed me because SHE said i pulled out in front of a car and i looked before i moved and there was no car

Please no yelling i know i haved to go back but i hate the new laws you have to have this thing & that thing and then somethingelse then you have got go x amount of months with someone then x amount on your own thats stupid

All i need to do is the parking part and the "K" turn thing i already know how to drive. On the one prop i service the guy has a gator 6x4 diesel & a GT225 tractor Sorry for ranting

bobbygedd
01-09-2004, 07:05 PM
turf, i'll pick u up. i have a drivers license(sort of)

AintNoFun
01-09-2004, 07:53 PM
is there a website or phone # for the show itself?

sbvfd592
01-09-2004, 08:54 PM
hey Wheres CT in all this??? can i come CAN I?

bobbygedd
01-09-2004, 09:01 PM
man, u wanna cum all the way from conn to watch us jersey guys drink beer, and talk trash?

Lazer_Z
01-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Must be kinda boring in CT?? if he wants to come to plain ol jersey

pcnservices
01-10-2004, 12:13 AM
do you think it's easy being me?
Hey Bobby, I thought of you and your tough life when I saw this picture. :laugh: :drinkup:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-W92P4BHLZG.000\My Documents\My Pictures\beer.jpg

LJS lawn
01-10-2004, 12:20 AM
Bob-who me rich? thats why i'm drinkin' milwaukees best .dude if u ain't doin nothin' come on down here and help me with some chain sawin'. i'm stilll cuttin up some monster trees that i had taken down back in october.thank god i have a front end loader tractor to move all this heavy crap around.i'll have to send u some pics when i get the better computer up and running.well if anyone wants to come down to where its a little warmer and hang out and drink some beer y'all welcome.oh yeah.... just bring a chain saw and some 3/4 red stone (cant find it down here).

Doc Pete
01-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Lazer_Z
Must be kinda boring in CT?? if he wants to come to plain ol jersey

Jersey is the only place, isn't it???:D

Beef, it's what's for dinner......OOP's that's Texas.:p

sbvfd592
01-10-2004, 09:27 AM
jersey Girls are what i whana see

bobbygedd
01-10-2004, 09:38 AM
o boy, i got one for ya

sbvfd592
01-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Who Bobby Who?

bobbygedd
01-10-2004, 09:45 AM
oh, she's a beauty, i'll hook u up. p.s. how's your eyesight?

rodfather
01-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Thank God bobby is pawning off his toothless, Addam's family, mother-in-law on somone else besides me...LOL

sbvfd592
01-10-2004, 11:34 AM
i thought mom in-laws where from the south:confused:

rodfather
01-10-2004, 11:37 AM
This one is from wayyyyyyyyy south...as in Columbia, South American.

sbvfd592
01-10-2004, 02:05 PM
hmmmm way soutyh i dont think i whana ask