panda
01-08-2004, 12:55 AM
sorry if this is a double post....Fall display

Grass Busters Inc.
03-26-2005, 03:28 PM
I am bringing this picture out of the grave to say

Wow! looks really nice!

Is panda still around? or did he go extinct? :p
If so did you grow the pumpkins your self? Is that your home?

panda
03-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Hi Grassbusters... thanks for resurrecting those pics...... glad you liked them.... yes Panda is still alive.... not a he... a she.... is not my back yard... was my place of employment where I was responsible for seasonal displays... the fall display was always my favorite...I did not grow the pumpkins myself... a good friend did.....if you are interested in growing them let me know can give you alot of info on them... and a link to some seeds..

Gilla Gorilla
03-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Hey Panda nice to see you are still around here. I am very interested in those seeds and any info that you could send my way.

My mother in law and I are going to try our luck at a garden this year with some vegitables and a couple other things in it. We are going to do a pumpkin/watermellon patch in another area on a slight hill side. I'm not sure if that is the smartest way to try to grow pumpkins on a hill side??? Hopefully you can tell me a little more about what I should or should not be doing. This land was farmed 30 to 40 years ago but has not since around the 70's. The soil that I tilled up earlier this month for the main garden was pretty nice and brown looking not like the red clay you see most places in this area.

Anyways that was a great display you arranged there and I would GREATLY appreciate any info you can tell me and the link to getting seeds for those big old monsters.

Thanks,

tiedeman
03-27-2005, 02:41 AM
that is a great looking setup there

Grass Busters Inc.
03-27-2005, 03:09 AM
not a he... a she

Sorry Mrs. Panda :D

panda
03-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Gilla Gorilla,
Sent you a private message with info. for the seeds.... Level ground would be best ... but a hill can work too... might be a little hard to harvest though depending on how steep the slope is.... I did see a video of a grower from southern Ca. who was growing on a steep hill... come harvest time he cut them lose from the vine and gave them a push down the hill... they rolled on their own and plunked into a swimming pool (pumpkins do float)...where he was able to manuever them out of the pool and into a truck. Anything is possible. Good luck on growing the big one.

Gilla Gorilla
03-27-2005, 10:22 PM
I figure if I can get one or more to grow to any decent size then I can put my new Dingo to good use with the pallet forks and just roll it onto a pallet and strap it down for transporting to where it needs to go.

Panda thanks for the pm. Do you sell those huge pumpkins and if so how much do you charge? By the pound I imagine.