PDA

View Full Version : WeedEater/Husavarnia

Eazysgirl
01-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Iam really new to all this .I was wondering . I know what you guys think of Home Cheapo and Lowes. I was lookin at a Back pack Blower at Lowes a Huskavarnia (sp). The shop that does are repairs . Informed me that weedeater makes it and Huskavarnia puts There Name on it . Supposedly Echo too. Have you heard of this? If true what a RIP...... OR IS HE GIVEN ME CRAP.

sildoc
01-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Husqvarna actually make there own weedeaters and back pack blowers. Just a bit of trivia Electrolux (origionally a vaccum company) Owns Husqvarna. If you buy the commercial husqvarna equiptment you cant go wrong. JMO
I have the 145 BT blower and have not had a problem yet. I would like a bigger blower eventually but righ now it does just fine. I also have the Husky 326lx trimmer. It is very light and has plenty of power. Again have not had any problems. I would might think about buying husqvarna equiptment from a commercial sales person instead of Lowes because the service if something were to go wrong is worth the 5-10 dollars extra you pay for it.
Good luck.

MDMowing
01-08-2004, 06:43 PM
my dad has a husqvarna and he likes it. I use John Deere and snapper prodects myself.

But dad swears he likes his trimmer. It is a good brand, but I wouldn't buy it from Home Depot or Lowes either though.
Go to a dealer...

TURF DOCTOR
01-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Husqvarna is pretty good stuff i wouldnt run it poulan makes a hand held blower it is a copycat.They make top notch chainsaws be sure it says xp on the power tools.

Rick Jones
01-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Eazysgirl
......Informed me that weedeater makes it and Huskavarnia puts There Name on it . Supposedly Echo too. Have you heard of this? If true what a RIP...... OR IS HE GIVEN ME CRAP.

I don't have any experience with Husky, so I can't comment on them, but compare any WeedEater product to any Echo, and you will see that the Echo is a far superior product. I find it real hard to believe that WeedEater manufactures any Echo products.

proenterprises
01-08-2004, 09:49 PM
i would shyt my pants if i ever found out that weedeater makes echo:eek: .

i dont think that statement is accurate . echo is far above weedeater standards.

as for husky-good brand and good gear. the blowers ar great-dont hesitate in buying one.

good luck.

Grass Master
01-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Echo manufactures the most commercial 2 cycle engines in the world.

Their stuff is excellent nothing like Weedeater.

Husky makes decent stuff but not up to the best that Japan has to offer (Echo, RedMax etc.)

energy
01-10-2004, 11:26 PM
with a member name like yours, maybe he thought he could sell you on something. Redmax seems to be the choice of many now, Echo is currently my personal choice. Never had a problem with them and one of my trimmers is almost 4 years old now. one of the original 26cc trimmer from echo (low serial number). touch, feel, look, tinker, demo if possible. it's like buying a car, but on a much smaller scale. good luck.

jlcare
01-11-2004, 08:23 AM
I use nothing but Husky equipment including all mowers and I really like their equipment. As far as power on their handheld equipment, I have not found any equipment out there that has more power or a higher reliability rate for the price. That, of course, would be comparing them to comparable models of other brands, and yes, that includes Stihl equipment. JMHO.

odin
01-11-2004, 09:25 AM
husky backbacks have a kawi motor.....the trimmers are made by husky ....the etech motors is light and powerful

proenterprises
01-11-2004, 12:31 PM
go to your dealer and ask him if you can demo a unit for a day. they should have no problem with it...then their should be no question as to wether its going to be good, reliable and suit your needs or not.