PDA

View Full Version : echo hedge trimmers

AuburnGuy
01-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Does anyone use echo HC150 hedge trimmers? I could probably get these under $200. Do i need more powerful trimmers, or will this be fine for a solo part timer?

NickN
01-08-2004, 02:44 PM
I've got one.Works just fine for me.

pjslawncare/landscap
01-08-2004, 02:48 PM
I got one and a Stihl. Use Echo more often as its much lighter = less fatuige. Does good job, no compliants exept it lost power one day due to screen in muffler clogged. New Echos have too many carb problems though. I dont know if I would choose a new one. Mine is 4 years old

greensideup
01-08-2004, 04:03 PM
I have some HC1600 echo hedge trimmers I've owned for 8 years. Very few problems. I think the HC1500 is just a lighter duty model. SCOTT

workaholic
01-08-2004, 10:05 PM
total junk, wouldnt use them if they gave em to me. buy sthil or shindowa you will be glad you did...

DennisF
01-08-2004, 10:35 PM
I've had mine for 3 years and it has paid for itself many times over. Never had any problems with it at all, but I take very good care of my equipment and service all of it myself. The thing about hedge trimmers is that they will pay for themselves quickly since hedge and shrub trimming can generate a lot of revenue. There are not a lot of LCO's doing hedge and shrub work where I'm at so I can charge $60 or more per hour.

TXLAWNBOY
01-08-2004, 11:07 PM
workaholic,
Do you just not like echo or did you have a bad experiance w/a HC-1500?

troblandscape
01-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Every echo machine I ever owned has given me problems, check out Redmax, or Stihl.

proenterprises
01-08-2004, 11:24 PM
i am one of the few here who will swear by echo. it really is a matter of preference i guess...but some others here just wont touch the stuff.

i like echo hedge trimmers, my dads company has a pair-they are the lowest model, very light, only used 2-3 times per season. he likes them and i have used them a few times. they start well and do the job right.

no complaints here.

ElephantNest
01-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Gave up my echo for a new stihl HS45, and glad I did. Got so hard to start, like their trimmers, that I threw it against the wall of the garage. Junk. I can go two months without using the stihl and it cranks on the first pull.

hole in one lco
01-08-2004, 11:34 PM
I have the 150 my self and made 600.00 the first day.The only thing i didn't like was the cut off switch seems to get hit allot. If you are going to use them for any length of time you have to spray the blades. But i do it before and after every time i use them anyway

Grass Master
01-08-2004, 11:41 PM
The HC-150 is awesome!

Where can you get them for$200??

That would be a great deal.

o-so-n-so
01-09-2004, 07:46 AM
I give 269.00 for the HCR1500 trimmer. No problems to date. Seems like it don't hold an edge quite as good as my other brand. Might just be me. Mechanically a sound trimmer. IMO

PLI1
01-09-2004, 08:00 PM
I haves some that are several years old. I like them. One thing that I will reccomend no matter what brand you buy, the lighter the better. We have one account were we trim a couple thousand bushes. By the end of the day they feel as heavy as boat anchor. I doubt I will buy Echo anything anymore, I've got a couple newer weedeaters and I hate them. The older ones I have held up much better!

proenterprises
01-09-2004, 08:43 PM
LOL nest-maybe they didnt work cause you were throwin your echos against the wall:laugh: :waving:

Del9175
01-09-2004, 09:35 PM
I have a echo hedge trimmer. I like it, but one day it broke down on me and I really needed to get some bushes trimmed that day so I got a real sweet deal on a Little Wonder single sided trimmer with a 30" bar. It was a pain in the butt using it the first few times but now I love it. I have since had the echo fixed but I don't use it anymore.

jason r.
01-09-2004, 11:11 PM
I got a HC-150. Been having it for maybe 2 years. Never had a problem yet. Always started good and cut good. Forgot how much $ it cost.

GarPA
01-10-2004, 07:16 AM
I forget the model number on mine...it has the articulating head that swivels....thats a handy feature as it reduces fatigue. But.....from the day I bought this thing,(its 3 years old) it has literally tried to rip my fingers off EVERYTIME I try to start it. Twice into the shop and twice I was told there is nothing wrong with it....its like the pistons are stuck or something. I like my ECHO stuff but I wont buy another hedge trimmer from them.

jlcare
01-10-2004, 08:31 AM
I have one. Bought it at Home Depot. Love it.

heybruck34
01-10-2004, 09:26 AM
I got the 1500 and like it a lot. Hasn't gotten much use but starts right up everytime. Much better than the Weedeater brand I was used to using at my folks house.

grassworks
01-10-2004, 09:40 AM
MIne has worked well for several years and I have used it quite a bit. :)

workaholic
01-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by TXLAWNBOY
workaholic,
Do you just not like echo or did you have a bad experiance w/a HC-1500? yes I did own echo hedge trimmers and the piston locked up from over heating and they were only 2 seasons old in reality 12 months) I did own stihl prior to those and got 7 years of heavy comm use then went to junkos,echos and now use stihls.you might pay more for stihl but you get what you pay for...

chefdrp
01-10-2004, 11:32 PM
I love my 1500. Made me lots of cash.

AuburnGuy
01-12-2004, 10:05 AM
grass master - I just missed a bid on ebay for a new in box HC150. It sold for $183 plus $20 shipping.

SIRCAESAR
01-12-2004, 02:09 PM
You guys, where do you purchase the echo and stihl trimmers and edgers, also where can I get the blowers.?

GarPA
01-12-2004, 03:29 PM
amazin'....

ElephantNest
01-12-2004, 05:07 PM
lol

You can purchase them at many retail lawn mower shops across this great land. Or even do a google search for exactly what you require.

GarPA
01-12-2004, 05:33 PM
yo E-Nest...man you must have made a New Years resolution to be extra nice in 04....I dont usually bite peoples heads off here but on that one I came real close...

might be because I had a lowballer go after my largest commercial landscape/turf account today....at 50% of what I'm charging....I guess they're starting to crawl out from under their rocks now that its warmed up a tad....

lawnagent
01-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Well I have told this story on here before so I will paraphrase it. After seeing workaholics post, I think of Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge.
I have never had anything but good luck out of all my Echo equipment, old and new. Dad had a Ford truck once and it was in the shop all the time. He will tell anyone that listens that Fords are JUNK! Uncle had a Chevy once, it was in the shop all the time. He will tell anyone with in earshot that Chevys are JUNK! I had a LCO come up to me when I was buying fuel last year and ask me who my Echo Dealer was. His said his Stihls were giving him nothing but trouble. He was NEVER buying Stihl junk again! Then Whamo, the next time I got gas a dude walked up to me and asked how I liked my Echo trimmers. I told him that they have worked great for me. He says that he had one and it never ran right so now all he uses is Stihl.
Guys they are all good brands. PERIOD Regardless of the brand you prefer, someone has had a problem with them.

GarPA
01-12-2004, 06:51 PM
yep... and with all the Echo bashing that goes on here from time to time , I had to read my labels to make sure I really had Echo stuff.
Except for the hedge trimmers, my stuff keeps on ticking after many a licking... (and I;ve got a couple of college kids who beat the crap out of stuff)

lawnagent
01-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by GarPA
yep... and with all the Echo bashing that goes on here from time to time , I had to read my labels to make sure I really had Echo stuff.)

LOL that is great! :p